LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: delaware

delaware

rumor? DE beaches scheduled to get pumped again this year. rehoboth through south bethany through ocmd. any one know 4 sure?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    rumor? DE beaches scheduled to get pumped again this year. rehoboth through south bethany through ocmd. any one know 4 sure?
    true...probably late winter / spring. Not sure if its every town, but most likely all of them.

This is true. They have already started. They were all set up at 140th st OCMD a few weeks ago and they have moved down to 134th St last weekend.

In Delaware it's Rehoboth, Dewey, Bethany, S. Bethany and Fenwick according to WGMD news. The Delaware Congressional Delegation requested the funds for replenishment in direct response to Hurricane Ida and last year's N'Easter. Funny since they seem like a lifetime ago.

What are the chances that they have learned any lessons from the last time around when it comes to what sand to pump and where to pump it from? I suspect very slim.

"What are the chances that they have learned any lessons from the last time around"...

Yes,...slim to none.

What little they started in OCMD is gone after this one weak coastal system. All they are doing is Flushing Cash out to sea

Why doesn't one of you guys who know how to save so much money or do it better let them know how to do it right?

Images
    From what I heard, the pumping process was to start in DE around December. Not sure which part of DE 1st, but would make sense if they started in Fenwick & worked North since the contractors in OCMD will be the same ones for DE.

Images
    aw man we wil just have to surf the infamous De outer reef

Quote Originally Posted by WaveHog View Post
    Why doesn't one of you guys who know how to save so much money or do it better let them know how to do it right?
    It's not about saving money. I can't think of a better place for my tax money to go. It's about admitting when you're wrong. This process obviously does not work. Every beach in snj is gone and they were just done in the spring time. When is enough enough?

So why don't you propose your alternative