LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghetto rack

Ghetto rack

whats the cheapest easiest most ghetto way to build a dirty surfboard rack with home supplies ?

4boardquiver looking to do it vertically..

not looking to go to home depot
    strictly ghetto...

looking foward to your ideas, thanks.

├\╜ i have lots of bubble wrap if that helps the creativty

Images
    4 strap downs and 6ft of grey pipe insulation.

Images
    use duct tape to make slots with big pieces of cardboard, then gorilla glue the edges to your wall. super ghetto, really sh*tty, and extremely dirty

Hammer a big nail into the wall (make sure you hit a stud) and hang each board from it's leash loop.

Go with a horizontal rack... two loops of heavy twine hanging from screws in the wall... 'bout as ghetto as you can get.

But I'd recommend one piece of 2" baluster material (.89 cents at HD) cut in half, and two 10"x12" shelf brackets ($1.27 each at HD).

That and a few screws will get you a rack for under 5 bucks, and you can stack several boards on it no problem, including that old log you only break out when it's knee high.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Oct 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM.

hang dem *****es from the ceiling, yo. Some threaded pad eyes and twine, boom! Iv hung them over couches / beds / tables, pretty sweet actually- and out of the way. Make sure you hit a joist or you will get some ding repair practice out of it too.

Images
    if your quiver all have fcs fins, you can get the hangers they display the boards in like the shops, and hang them from a clothes hanger.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    if your quiver all have fcs fins, you can get the hangers they display the boards in like the shops, and hang them from a clothes hanger.
    damook issues us wisdom, little bits at a time. ddddaaaaa mooooooooooooookkkkkkk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    hang dem *****es from the ceiling, yo. Some threaded pad eyes and twine, boom! Iv hung them over couches / beds / tables, pretty sweet actually- and out of the way. Make sure you hit a joist or you will get some ding repair practice out of it too.
    x2...I have done that for years. I used nylon rope burned at both ends. Then I fasten them to the ceiling with washers and sheet rock screws. Like Lee said...there out of the way and IMO look kinda cool there.

Cieling fan

hang them from your cieling fan and then turn it on during a party!