LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

QuadFish for sale

New 6'4" QuadFish...6'4"x22x3" Retro style outline coupled with modern bottom contours and a touch more rocker in the tail and a flipped nose to tackle beach break conditions.FCS Quad Set included. $450 Pics of this board http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/spo/1948120729.html to see pics of other boards avail. go to oneninetyfive surfboards on Facebook///Sk8 your next surf///

Images
    what's the tape covering?

Thats a white resin band.

Images
    a resin band? i'm confused. is it a repair job?

new board, never in water, no dings repairs etc. super high gloss glass job///you can see the board at 3rd Ave Surf Shop Spring Lake

Images
    can you at least explain what a resin band is? anyone?

A resin band is a stripe of any size made by mixing resin and pigment. THe band can be any color.The resin band on this one adds some style to break up the outline //and adds a bit of strength to one of the most common pressure ding spots on the board.

Images
    i'm not trying to criticize/kill your sale, but i have never heard of a "resin band" before, and you claim that there is no damage to the board, yet you applied a fiberglass strip as a preventative?

"resin band on this one adds some style to break up the outline //and adds a bit of strength to one of the most common pressure ding spots on the board.

Why would you want to break up the outline of the shape? its a strange reason. leads me to think otherwise. the "resin band" is near the nose, and its not a very high stress spot on the board. All I'm trying to say is that it seems as if your trying to cover a damaged area. I get the feel that your not being as honest as you should be for a board that costs 450$.

I was interested, it looks like a nice board, but because of this so called resin band, I'm steering away from it. sorry. I would revise your ad.

Some shapers lately have been using carbon fiber strengthening strips, but iv only seen those on tail rails. Check out cisurfboards.com, he uses them on a few of the sample boards. None of them look like this though......

that placement does seem to be a little high for a band, but resin bands have been used on boards almost as long as they have been using fiberglass.