LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    got my first board out of the trash when i was 5...18 now so i guess that's 13 years. long freaking time i guess. top two spots are playa hermosa in costa rica and then this empty right point also on my costa trip.

i'd really like to do a trip to new zealand. anyone here been?

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post

1. Maui (is my favorite place so far, good/friendly vibes on the water)
    Definitely, I surfed pretty much every spot in Maui and not once did I ever feel like I was not welcome, but instead made friends with the locals I met...super-rad island!!!!

great thread......goofy's unite......
    Started surfing on LBE, Surf City in 1983......I had a 5'8" Micket Munoz single fin, canary yellow and a 6'1" Hawaiian Surfboards single fin, green bottom with a 60's sunset sunburst fade on top....
    Best waves I've had, Oahu mid 90's, I lived in Aina Haina for 5 years.....surfed every side of that island and scored on every side...."The Circle" was my home spot for those years.....Sandy's was sick, V-Land/Leftovers with my heart in my throat, Waikiki for the 95 swell, Windward secret spots (will never tell)
    NJ from Sandy Hook to Cape May....too many good waves.....
    Nantucket in the late 80's...
    Central Florida, Fall, Mid/Late 80's...
    Point Noreaster, NSW, Austrailia in1998 with just me and a good freind...
    Whish List includes: Chicama Peru, Cloudbreak, Cloud 9, Indo, all of Central America, South Pacific, any and all lefts..
    I love rights if there are no lefts......

LBI not LBE.........50+ hr work week,....sorry

and whos the hell is Micket Munoz?!?!...it's Mickey.....

and while you're correcting yourself, hopefully you won't mind me saying wish only has one h....lol

In 5th grade my parents bought me a purple and pink board from Sunshine House in OCMD. I am 32 now so that was like 23 years ago. Best waves were
    1)Maui
    2)Waikiki just for the experience
    3)Hatteras
    4)New Hampshire spots

Coolest place was the Amafi coast in Italy. The water was beautiful even if the waves weren't big. Biggest waves were Hurricane Bill in OCMD, and some random Noreaster surfing in Jersey back in 1999.

My dream waves:
    1) Ollies Point
    2) Jefferies Bay
    3) Snapper with no one out

Images
    i started in Va. Beach inn 67, had to do to South end to get good enough to surf at The Steel Pier. The experienced guys would surf up behind you there after you were on the wave, push off your board and carry it to the beach under their arm. No cords made this possible. We went through the rapid change from 9'6' down to under 7 in just two years. Lots of people made a 7'6" from their 9'6" including myself. I ruined a really nice Hansen as I look back but our "cut downs" made us feel like Wayne Lynch. We discovered Hatteras right away and I feel fortunate to have surfed it before it was "discovered", although you can still surf alone on The Outer Banks. I live in Kitty Hawk and still hit it when there is swell. I have surfed Hawaii {Oahu South Shore , Kauai, and Big Island}, Mainland and Baja Mexico, Santa Cruz to Trestles, Eleuthera and Elbow Key Bahamas, Tahiti and The Tuamotus {Tikihau} . i plan to keep traveling when I can to new places, preferably where there is no crowd and warm water.
    Stay healthy and keep surfing, protect your eyes, skin and ears. The exposure will catch up with you, use ear plugs to ward off surfers ear, wear a water hat to save your eyes {I had to have surgery to cut a cancer off of my eyeball} Regards, Greg

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
    Biggest waves were Hurricane Bill in OCMD, and some random Noreaster surfing in Jersey back in 1999.
    Damn Big Mike, did you miss Ernesto? That was a world-class day and right here!

and while you're correcting yourself, hopefully you won't mind me saying wish only has one h....lol

easy there Kooki....