LOGIN | REGISTER

Rip Curl E-Bomb Pro

who has one? I'm thinking of buying a 4/3 chest zip, but im worried that it might not keep me that warm. I heard its super flexible and light.

I have an E-Bomb Pro 3/2 chest zip. Very flexible, BUT - it does not have taped seams, or any insulation layer on the inside (the F-bombs have Fireskin), or a smooth neoprene outer layer on chest or back. So it is not as warm as other 3/2's I've had. Wind will hit you hard. The window for wearing it - I'm a Delmava guy - is smaller than say for an Xcel Infinity, F-Bomb, or Mutant.

My advice would be to get a suit with insulation and taped seams.

Quote Originally Posted by Retzlaff44 View Post
    I have an E-Bomb Pro 3/2 chest zip. Very flexible, BUT - it does not have taped seams, or any insulation layer on the inside (the F-bombs have Fireskin), or a smooth neoprene outer layer on chest or back. So it is not as warm as other 3/2's I've had. Wind will hit you hard. The window for wearing it - I'm a Delmava guy - is smaller than say for an Xcel Infinity, F-Bomb, or Mutant.

My advice would be to get a suit with insulation and taped seams.
    thanks I been looking for a straight up answer and couldnt find it. I did notice the whole not having a fireskin, I've never worn or purchased a rip curl before so I wouldnt know how snug their e3 neoprene is.

check the wetsuit review thread, this is why it's there. all i wear is rip curl, so you can find my thoughts on the matter in that thread.

The basic differences between the suit are the fireskin and the seams. In my opinion on the east coast the F-bomb would be the way to go for a 4/3 since you probably are more concerned with warmth and conditions can be pretty brutal. If you lived on the west coast I would probably go with the E-bomb because the weather is generally not as harsh. I live in DE and have the E-bomb in a 3/2 and the F-bomb in a 4/3.

Images
    I have a new ripcurl f bomb 4/3 for sale size LS and M. I know guys that wear a 4/3 year round...

My understanding of it is that the E-Bomb is more of a "Comp" suit. Lighter more flexible, and good for short sessions (what are heats, a half hour at most usually less?). The F-Bomb is designed to keep you out in the water longer.

thanks for all the review. I've went ahead and purchased a 5/4/3 f-bomb chest zip. I like to stay nice and warm. and with the comments i been getting it seems that the E-bomb was not going to keep me too warm during dead winter.