LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: College help

Images

College help

Do u guys know any majors that would get u a job at the beach? Im thinking pharmacy, but im not sure. Also not many colleges that are near the beach have pharmacy as a major.
    also id like the major to earn good money so i can take shred trips

Hotel Management....look it up.

you can get jobs doing just about anything at or near the beach. the most important thing, IMHO, is to get into a field or profession in which you're really interested, whatever that may be.
    if you make living at or near the beach a priority, then you will find a job in your chosen field.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnnehaus View Post
    why dont you guys try this latest trend in hair extensions and see for yourself.
    long hair extensions
    blonde hair extensions
    hair extensions
    brown hair extensions
    how about we dont try

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xJohnnyUtahx View Post
    Hotel Management....look it up.
    BINGO.... "Hospitality Management" covers restaurants and hotels etc...

It is arguable that one does not need a "major" in it. But the way it works is, without a college degree, there is usually 2 years minimum experience to land a decent managemetn gig. So you either need a degree, or you have to be willing to work your way up through the ranks....

But yes, in EVERY beach town, this is the major player. And you get ideal surfing hours...

Which is why I have a computer science degree and I run restaurants... restaurants keep me wet. And happy for that matter..=)

marine industry will keep you near the water also. There is engineering, naval achitecture, longshoremen, marine diesel mechanic, diver, etc etc etc

nursing, physicians assistant, physical therapy, firefighter, emt ...........

there's a nursing school at UNCW and you don't have to be a female to be in it. lots of opportunities for traveling nurses.

if you really want to take shred trips (and get them paid for with grants) get a graduate degree in anthropology and focus on studying the language/culture of the people in the place where you really want to surf. pick any spot on the globe. it's a bit of academic work, but it gets me down to bocas del toro every year

UNCW, Salisbury, or Monmouth

Teaching.

Applied a week ago. I just cant choose whether I want warmer weak wrightsville waves or cold Md/Del/NJ Barrels.

Accounting and internal auditing will be around about as long as nursing. In other words, forever. A good friend of mine earned his degree in accounting at U of MD and relocated down to central coastal Florida and has a great paying job for the area and low cost of living.