LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: surf videoGames

I think a couple of games from RipCurl and Billabong just came out for the iPhone

there's usually not much interest in making a surfing game because it is a limited market. I don't think too many non-surfers are interested.

http://www.teagames.com/games/wipeout/play.php?start=1 good game from highschool comp class

and for the guy whosaid the market is to small for surfing gamees there are 11 million surfers acording to surfer mag surfing census

all 11 mil play video games?

I not pulling this **** out of my ass. If the surf games sold well, they would make more of them. Simple as that.

Plus, surfing just doesn't present it self as a game as well as skating/BMX etc...
    w/ skating/BMX whatever you have different places with different terrain to explore. Surfing you're riding basically the same wave. I get that in some games there are differences between waves, but not really compared to the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    http://www.teagames.com/games/wipeout/play.php?start=1 good game from highschool comp class

and for the guy whosaid the market is to small for surfing gamees there are 11 million surfers acording to surfer mag surfing census

I think your numbers might be off.

looks like there are about 2 to 3 million surfers as opposed to 11 to 13 million skaters.

http://www.surfline.com/community/wh...ws.cfm?id=1012

thats only in the USA,,.. plus that survey was taken nearly a decade ago, in 2002

truthfully i dont think anyone has a correct estimate, for the world wide amount for 2010.

i never been in a surfing survey

have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    thanks surfingboy65, that is a lot of fun!
    no promblem gets the job done

I was just thinking before about what could make a surfing game more interesting, and possibly generate some non surfing interest.

Im thinking that a first person surfing game would push the limits of previous games. like some of you mentioned before, you could have controls similar to skate where one stick could be weight/leaning/ankles and the other could be knees, and maybe a click right stick to tuck up into a barrel.

It would also be something that a non surfer could appreciate. Kind of how 'my eyes wont dry' provides such an awesome perspective. I'm sure the graphics could be unreal too.

You could even get real wild and start your career in any location, like east coast, aus, hawaii, s africa. from there try to make it to the pro circuit, save for epic surf trips, and if you actually do make it to the WCT, then you could surf anywhere for free, like rasta or donovan.

so who has the programming background??