LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wetsuit gloves

wetsuit gloves

After reading the forums Im pretty sold on gettin a new xcel wetsuit .but what about gloves ? I live in VB . what do you guys in Jersey wear?

If the new xcel wetsuit is a 2/1 springsuit then you won't need gloves.

Uh, did you mention anything about waveriding all winter long, in the nor'easter winds, or only until the water drops to 60F?

5mm works for me

Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    If the new xcel wetsuit is a 2/1 springsuit then you won't need gloves.

Uh, did you mention anything about waveriding all winter long, in the nor'easter winds, or only until the water drops to 60F?
    yeah! 2mil spring all winter my hands just get kinda cold:

Images
    5 mil claws

anybody in south jersey wearing boots? havent been out in a while. might get colder with the hard south winds

a few people are inexplicably in such a hurry to put all this crap on wearing boots up here today.the water is not cold yet,most were bootless

Water temp here is in the low 60s. I might throw on the 3mm boots... or I might not. Once I start to get numb spots on my feet... usually my heel and my little toe... I'll put the boots on. I can't surf good with numb feet.

Once the 5mm full goes on, the 5mm boots and gloves go on, too. SmartWool socks under the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Water temp here is in the low 60s. I might throw on the 3mm boots... or I might not. Once I start to get numb spots on my feet... usually my heel and my little toe... I'll put the boots on. I can't surf good with numb feet.

Once the 5mm full goes on, the 5mm boots and gloves go on, too. SmartWool socks under the boots.

I hate when my feet get cold. Once I get out, it takes all day to get them warm again. I discovered last winter that smart wool or poly socks under the boots make a big difference. Feet stay nice and toasty. Plus it makes it much easier getting the boots on and off.

I dont know how you guys do it . once its gets to hood stage I try to find other stuff to do fish skate drink beer. unless the air is like 70s