LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: Wha.....?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by billabongmoney View Post
    ha your a kook move closer , i went to 1st this morning around 7 it was super crowded and not quit as big as forecasted but it was waist and semi clean on the right board it was pretty fun . but whatever the fact you living in Arlington just proves your not really a surfer to start, job this and family that whatever your excuse surfing is a lifestyle not a hobby

    No one can say you're not predictable, jackass.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,335
    I've had correspondence with Micah before. Reasonable guy, passionate about his calling & seems to be open to constructive criticism. He know he's accountable for his prognostications.

    As I figured, some responses are intelligent (ex: lbsurfer), some are inane keyboard lurkers (ex: behindthesun). Also amusing: the troglodyte minds who launched & started calling me names. Sticks & stones, sparky, sticks & stones...

    My original post: critique of an inaccurate forecast.
    That's it. Professional, not personal.
    Did I call the forecaster names? No.
    Did I take his existence to task? No.
    Did I question his family lineage? No.
    Did I say the forecaster is an unreasonable person? No.

    Everything I typed, I would say in a discussion with the forecaster. Which is way, way more than what some of the subsequent posters could claim if they were standing in front of me.

    1. Surfline: been there, done that. With all due respect, that's the place Micah used to work & those guys at Surfline have definite opinions on that (which means f*** all to me).

    2. As some have noted, somewhere on the east coast they may have caught a few rides - - I did too - - but that's not the point. Re-read my post in re: forecasting instead of dwelling in your own little world.

    3. And, most importantly, esp for the jackasses who bray about driving & looking & who yap about performing their own wave forecasting (as if anyone on here actually does that, spare me the BS load): if one claims expertise in something & one is sometimes in error, leading to the inconvenience & the expense of others: take accountability (I've not seen much of that here).....
    ....because....

    4. Just because one volunteers to do something does not give one the right to do a lousy job of it.

    Although most Americans think you get the hall pass 'just for tryin'....'

    For those of you who have that American entitlement mutual adoration thing of 'it's ok as long as you try'...: grow up, sparky, and develop a pair.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    686
    Images
    5
    Honestly, if you are this upset about a forecast then please leave this forum and site and don't bother the rest of us with this trolling, nonsensical blabber.

    Forecasting on this site, as well as others, is a tool that may be used to enhance the knowledge of persons who wish to know how the ocean is and weather is surrounding certain areas. The site does not promise that the information will be exact and people who expect this clearly should just stay home in the first place. Instead, the site states in its About page that "Swellinfo aims to produce the absolute best quality information for the userís local area and have it all easily accessible on one page." "Aiming to produce" is not the same as "having". It is impossible to be exact every time and this is a gift that you may utilize in order to better your experience. Obviously, the only sure-fire way to know conditions is to view it yourself.


    Things you may, and probably do take for granted (a most of us do):
    tide times
    tide heights
    swell direction
    water temperature
    wind conditions
    weather forecasts
    swell height
    swell period


    For however many times a forecaster is incorrect, he is most likely correct just that many times, if not more. Data is collected and is entered in models that use history as its basis to determine the most probable outcome of certain situation.

    In conclusion, you would be better off searching for accountability with yourself in the fact that you trust the forecast a little bit too much.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by pvjumper05 View Post
    Honestly, if you are this upset about a forecast then please leave this forum and site and don't bother the rest of us with this trolling, nonsensical blabber.

    Forecasting on this site, as well as others, is a tool that may be used to enhance the knowledge of persons who wish to know how the ocean is and weather is surrounding certain areas. The site does not promise that the information will be exact and people who expect this clearly should just stay home in the first place. Instead, the site states in its About page that "Swellinfo aims to produce the absolute best quality information for the userís local area and have it all easily accessible on one page." "Aiming to produce" is not the same as "having". It is impossible to be exact every time and this is a gift that you may utilize in order to better your experience. Obviously, the only sure-fire way to know conditions is to view it yourself.


    Things you may, and probably do take for granted (a most of us do):
    tide times
    tide heights
    swell direction
    water temperature
    wind conditions
    weather forecasts
    swell height
    swell period


    For however many times a forecaster is incorrect, he is most likely correct just that many times, if not more. Data is collected and is entered in models that use history as its basis to determine the most probable outcome of certain situation.

    In conclusion, you would be better off searching for accountability with yourself in the fact that you trust the forecast a little bit too much.
    It's a discussion of differing viewpoints, sparky.
    And it's being held in America: last time I looked, dissent was allowed.

    Just be honest with yourself: all you want to hear is your own nonsensical blabber, ergo, don't project & act all offended & demand that I leave the site just because my viewpoint is different from yours.

    And try reading & digesting content before you start typing.
    People like you....self-righteous....so eager to scream your opinion at the world...

    Some folks seem pretty upset: probably the same guys who throw things at their televisions or who post personal attacks on websites.

    I'm not upset in the slightest.
    You're projecting.
    However, if you are upset by the discussion, then leave it alone.

    Stay accountable, sparky...

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    152
    Can't we all just.........get along??

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    686
    Images
    5

    Wink Durr Derppity Derp

    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    It's a discussion of differing viewpoints, sparky.
    And it's being held in America: last time I looked, dissent was allowed.

    Just be honest with yourself: all you want to hear is your own nonsensical blabber, ergo, don't project & act all offended & demand that I leave the site just because my viewpoint is different from yours.

    And try reading & digesting content before you start typing.
    People like you....self-righteous....so eager to scream your opinion at the world...

    Some folks seem pretty upset: probably the same guys who throw things at their televisions or who post personal attacks on websites.

    I'm not upset in the slightest.
    You're projecting.
    However, if you are upset by the discussion, then leave it alone.

    Stay accountable, sparky...



    Actually, I'm in the least bit upset. I love how you decided how I felt for myself and called me out saying I was projecting, which is hilariously incorrect. In actuality, I was just stating simple facts that you seem to be apparently oblivious of. I just figured I would let you know that it is ridiculous searching for accountability on one of the more unpredictable fields. And try reading & digesting content before you start typing. Try doing the same, sparky.


    Rant:
    Oh, and you can also stop using words that no one uses unless you are the architect in the matrix; instead of sounding more intelligent, it actually creates an opposite effect. This is because if you truly are smart you would realize that using those words can sometimes confuse other readers and end up slowing the conversation and the reading fluency.
    Disclaimer: I spoke about your words and not mine. I am not stating that I am more intelligent with writing, I am just pointing out more ridiculous things.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by pvjumper05 View Post
    Actually, I'm in the least bit upset. I love how you decided how I felt for myself and called me out saying I was projecting, which is hilariously incorrect. In actuality, I was just stating simple facts that you seem to be apparently oblivious of. I just figured I would let you know that it is ridiculous searching for accountability on one of the more unpredictable fields. And try reading & digesting content before you start typing. Try doing the same, sparky.


    Rant:
    Oh, and you can also stop using words that no one uses unless you are the architect in the matrix; instead of sounding more intelligent, it actually creates an opposite effect. This is because if you truly are smart you would realize that using those words can sometimes confuse other readers and end up slowing the conversation and the reading fluency.
    Disclaimer: I spoke about your words and not mine. I am not stating that I am more intelligent with writing, I am just pointing out more ridiculous things.

    Now you're attacking the actual words that I utilize.
    I'm not utilizing words that are from a PhD program, sparky.
    But, if you confuse easily, maybe pictograms or drawings would be easier for you.




    You're so far off topic you may as well be caught in a tsunami of your own making.

    Your modus operandi is that you attack in a personal manner; then you deflect responses by going off-topic; then you attack again, based on what you perceive as important aspects, but which are really personal agenda aspects of your own creation.
    In other words, you get personal.

    You try to make your point using the same tactics as a female: you're all over the map, you attack in a personal framework, you leave the actual topic way behind & you like to be vindictive.

    You are who you are.
    It is what it was.

    You can keep on posting on this thread for all I care, but it's fried oysters to me.
    Enjoy having the last word, sparky.

    Yankee Out.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Over-toe View Post
    Can't we all just.........get along??


    What he said.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    686
    Images
    5

    trying responding to something i say

    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Now you're attacking the actual words that I utilize.
    I'm not utilizing words that are from a PhD program, sparky.
    But, if you confuse easily, maybe pictograms or drawings would be easier for you.




    You're so far off topic you may as well be caught in a tsunami of your own making.

    Your modus operandi is that you attack in a personal manner; then you deflect responses by going off-topic; then you attack again, based on what you perceive as important aspects, but which are really personal agenda aspects of your own creation.
    In other words, you get personal.

    You try to make your point using the same tactics as a female: you're all over the map, you attack in a personal framework, you leave the actual topic way behind & you like to be vindictive.

    You are who you are.
    It is what it was.

    You can keep on posting on this thread for all I care, but it's fried oysters to me.
    Enjoy having the last word, sparky.

    Yankee Out.



    You clearly didn't read a single complete sentence in either of my posts. Not once in any response did you reply towards any points in my posts, specifically my first. AKA "You're so far off topic you may as well be caught in a tsunami of your own making." It is extremely enjoyable seeing how many contradictions you can actually create in so little words.


    You try to make your point using the same tactics as a female: you're all over the map,
    Funny how you imply I am a female while insulting the gender immediately after you state, "Your modus operandi is that you attack in a personal manner"
    You make this too easy.



    But, if you confuse easily, maybe pictograms or drawings would be easier for you.
    I never said I didn't understand the words, I said that you are making simple sentences more complex than needed. Once again, try understanding my post before replying, which you will fail to do. I can assume this because you implied it in your last post, unless of course you were expecting to write more incoherent, off-topic criticisms. Also, it seems you clearly didn't understand that this section was post topic, which could easily be inferred by reading the entire response.



    However, thank you, I really did enjoy writing this post.

  10. #30
    Yankee - quit your b1tching and get a weather radio. You sound like a spoiled kid. Noone wants to hear it. "mom said we could go to the beach and now she says we cant wwwaaaaaaaaa"

    shutup.

    -the stud