LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote

Vote

Tomorrow is your chance to take your words and put them into action. I read some of these post throughout the year and many are complaints about local and national issues that concern surfers. No offense, but no one cares or knows that you complain on swellinfo about the water quality or the tourists in your town.. The only voice that matters is the one that you speak on Nov. 2nd.

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world" gandhi

i hate politics.

Images
    vote people... or pretend you dont have an opinion.

probably will have to express my dissatisfaction w/ obama

Most people hate politics, unless you somehow make a living in or around it. However it is how things get done. Forget the president for a moment, your local and state politicians create laws that could have a direct impact on your life and your experience in the water as a surfer. Being indifferent is just another way of saying you dont care what politicians do while they are in power.

i hate politics

but i still vote

seriously...

Forget about the national stuff. 95% of media attention is paid to Congress and the president, and yet 95% of the stuff they do will have no impact on your life whatsoever. Politicians elected in your state, county, or city will do things everyday that impact your lives and your jobs. Do yourself and your community a favor by spending 20 minutes tonight reading the voters guide put out by your local paper or chapter of the League of Women Voters (www.lwv.org). If you still want to learn more about a certain candidate, find their website. The information is out there to make informed choices.

I work in local politics, so I'm maybe a little sensitive to this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by attikus View Post
    Forget about the national stuff. 95% of media attention is paid to Congress and the president, and yet 95% of the stuff they do will have no impact on your life whatsoever. Politicians elected in your state, county, or city will do things everyday that impact your lives and your jobs. Do yourself and your community a favor by spending 20 minutes tonight reading the voters guide put out by your local paper or chapter of the League of Women Voters (www.lwv.org). If you still want to learn more about a certain candidate, find their website. The information is out there to make informed choices.

I work in local politics, so I'm maybe a little sensitive to this stuff...
    95% of all statistics are fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    95% of all statistics are fiction.
    Especially when you make them up