LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Cast your vote for who will do the most for surfing.

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrats

13 28.89%
  • Republicans

15 33.33%
  • None of the above

17 37.78%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Images

OK, it's time to vote

In today's election which party will do the most for surfing? (Let's restore Sanity) Poll ends @10am on 11/3

A. Democrats
    B. Republicans
    C. None of the Above
    Last edited by MDSurfer; Nov 2, 2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: update

Images
    I don't know too many politicians, who will talk about surfers on their campaign trail. But having said that, politicians who are more environmentally friendly will do more for keeping our oceans and beaches protected and clean. Environmental concerns often leans to the left.

i don't think environmentalism is high on the list right now..

environment,yes,but then,piping plover takes Hatteras away from us

the piping plover crap was started by the GD audobon bird watching society.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    In tomorrow's election which party will do the most for surfing?
    I take a more pessimistic view. Neither major party will do much FOR surfing, so which party will do the least to HARM surfing.

For the past 25 years the republican party has favored generous federal expenditures for beach replenishment. When democrats proposed cutting the federal cost sharing for beach nourishment, the republican led congress (mid 1990s) overrode it each year. I know there are plenty of valid economic reasons for pumping sand on the beach, it protects property, and drives a lot of tourism dollars into local economies.

sand pumping ain't natural,waves and sand is

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    sand pumping ain't natural,waves and sand is
    yeah...true...and dont get me wrong i hear ya, but inlet jetties, groins, piers, outfall pipes and the like arent natural either, and those unnatural structures have created a lot of surfable waves for us in the mid atlantic.

agreed,and those jetties in Buxton,but their beachbreaks are better than mine because they don't pump sand,though a lot of homeowners probably wish they would.i vote no sand pumping,please

maybe if quicksilver or billabong sent a big ol check to fund a politicians campaign would they support something as trivial as surfing.

Im niether republican or democrat but.....(even though the next few statements may seem biased)

Obama went to punahou high school in Honolulu which is only a few miles from south shore oahu. If he were on the fence about an issue such as surfing, my guess is he would support it. Democrats are generally environmentalists and more down to earth people as some may describe as opposed to their nerdy money grubbing counterparts (republicans).
    A good example of a Republican is Christine Odonnell. Somebody with no apparent grasp on any scientific information, thinks the earth is 5000 years old, jesus is going to save us from our problems, and you should go to jail for mastubation. See the Odonnell ads to the right......nuff said. Hey swellinfo, did they drop a dime or what? "paid for by friends of christine odonnell" ....Republicans see her as a moron but they are still throwing huge bucks her way because of the momentum she has in this election. If she wins Im going to run for president of the universe.