LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes... Get 3mm boots for spring and fall, and 5mm boots for winter. I think 7mm boots are a bit overkill, but that's a personal opinion. Lots of guys swear by 7mm boots for the coldest months. But to answer your question, yea.. your instincts are good - get a pair of 3mm boots. They're very comfortable, and will put off the "luggage" of thick winter boots for a good month on either end of the cold water season. It's not that your feet will be too warm. It's that they're just so damn heavy and awkward.

Images
    7 mil's the whole way. in my opinion, there's no such thing as a hot foot in 50 degree water. the boot might feel a little awkward but i dont really see the point in having 2 pairs. the warmer the better!

every opinion is represented,which makes me think maybe you should get all 3.
    or maybe i should.

thanks for all the posts guys. its nice to have a variety of opinions. i think im gonna get a 3mm and 5mm. ill look at 7mms when the time comes i guess. i hope 5s do it tho. don't really wanna buy all 3

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    thanks for all the posts guys. its nice to have a variety of opinions. i think im gonna get a 3mm and 5mm. ill look at 7mms when the time comes i guess. i hope 5s do it tho. don't really wanna buy all 3
    just get the 3 and the 7 if you think you'll be cold at any point. if you're feet get cold your f*cked. if they get a little warm then no problem. i guess if the 7s are too expensive you can go with a 5 but both will be even worse

Quote Originally Posted by ND081 View Post
    just get the 3 and the 7 if you think you'll be cold at any point. if you're feet get cold your f*cked. if they get a little warm then no problem. i guess if the 7s are too expensive you can go with a 5 but both will be even worse
    good idea. but are the 7s alot clunkier then 5s. ive never worn booties but i can imagine that 7mm of rubber on your feet can feel pretty heavy and maybe even effect my popup?