LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

i will never surf again!

Everytime i surf i get a sinus infection. its gotten to the point where its just not worth it anymore. i am more passionate about surfing than anything else i have ever done in my life and absolutely live my life according to the surf forecast. if i spend a half hour in the ocean, i cant breathe out of my nose at all for 3 days. i feel like a part of me died today, but its just not worth it anymore.

Images
    Have you tried surfing at a different location?

Don't surf after a hard rain.

I've been plagued with sinus infections my entire life (I'm 42). I used to get them about 6 or 7 times in the winter and 3 or 4 times in the summer. As I got older, it got worse. About 2 years ago, a friend (physician's assistant) told me to get a NeilMed Sinus Rinse kit and flush out my sinuses. They're about $12 to $15.

I flush everytime I've been in heavily dusted areas, surfing and just feel stuffy. If you can blow your nose, you can use it. If you're so stopped up that nothing comes out when you blow (or breathe through) your nose, it's too late. You can only do it if there's some passage.

Even if you do get a sinus infection, it'll help clear the mud out of your head. Works for me.

Images
    just stop surfing.

See an allergist. Trust me

Images
    before you paddle out next time stick a tampon in each nostril

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    or go see a doctor. i know this past winter when i broke my nose in 2-3 places i had to get surgery on it to help my breathing and reconstruct my nose. but the doctors gave me some spray stuff for when it get clogged called ocean spray that stuff works magical so i defiently reccomend it.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    before you paddle out next time stick a tampon in each nostril

epic. i would love to see someone do that!

Get the sand outa your vag, or change your moniker. Some "Wave junkie" you are.