LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: come on LAIRD!

Talking about sell outs

surfing phenom jordy smith rejected Nike as his sponsor bc they were not a real surfbrqnd so he went with oniell
    he's said he loves not being a sell out but he does regret not being up there with Jordan and woods

also Kelly slayer stayed loyal to quick silver for a realllllllllllllly long! Time ... even tho hollister or Target would love to sponsor him
    Last edited by staystoked; Nov 12, 2010 at 03:16 PM.

Who dares question the intentions and motives of the man who gets to bang Gabby Reece on a regular basis?

jordy smith?

the guy rips. i think the marketing to have less sponsors on his board was game on. think about it. if he went with nike, he would still need a wetsuit. i bet money oniel is paying him the same amount as 6.0 and he is certainly never going to be next to MJ (only slates). oniel is alot bigger then you think andthey have been around alot longer!

Laird hamilton

any one see that video on youtube/surfline where Laird is strangling a live shark with his bare hands totally ripping that shark some new gills ........... all while getting shacked in thehupoo barrel

Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    the guy rips. i think the marketing to have less sponsors on his board was game on. think about it. if he went with nike, he would still need a wetsuit. i bet money oniel is paying him the same amount as 6.0 and he is certainly never going to be next to MJ (only slates). oniel is alot bigger then you think andthey have been around alot longer!
    c'mon man

Nike 2008 revenues 18.8 BILLION
    O'Niell 2008 Revenues 20 MILLION

32 oz is 2lbs not 1lb stud buddy. Stop being aggro and let it be. If people think it's overpriced and a stupid idea they won't buy it causing the price to drop. Supply and demand dude.

Im sure if anyone here was a famous surfer and/or person and was given the opportunity to make extra cash and and hardly do anything in the process, you would do it in an instant. Hell, I will "sell out" and rake the cash in so that when im old I can live like a king.

Quote Originally Posted by ughVeeBee View Post
    Who dares question the intentions and motives of the man who gets to bang Gabby Reece on a regular basis?
    based on this statement alone I eat my words. That means you guys can stop getting offended now

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    its a real steal at 29.99 /lb.... pppssshhhhh
    http://www.lairdhamilton.com//tag/good-coffee/
    It's $15/lb, leethemathman.

Laird has been doing his own thing, trying to make a living outside of the non-stop surf contest surf promotion cycle. I dig that. Love him or hate him, he's been instrumental in moving the sport forward as a pioneer in big wave surfing, kite surfing, and SUP. I also like the irony of his "blame laird" merchandise.

...although I'm not going to buy his coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by old_boy View Post
    It's $15/lb, leethemathman.

Laird has been doing his own thing, trying to make a living outside of the non-stop surf contest surf promotion cycle. I dig that. Love him or hate him, he's been instrumental in moving the sport forward as a pioneer in big wave surfing, kite surfing, and SUP. I also like the irony of his "blame laird" merchandise.

...although I'm not going to buy his coffee.
    i didnt notice it was a 2lb bag. So what now, should I just off myself? One of you want to do the dirty work for me? The next person who chimes in to tell me im an a55hole, then agrees that the coffee is silly (thats exactly whats happenig... Your an a55hole, but I agree with you) can blow me. All I was saying in the beginning is that its silly, i never meant to get anyone all hot and bothered.

You dudes need to pull up the "bongs" thread and chill the F out.

leethemathman.