LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: come on LAIRD!

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    You dudes need to pull up the "bongs" thread and chill the F out.

leethemathman.
    dude, your posts almost always make me laugh so i'm willing to cut you some slack. plus it's almost 4:20...

Images

Talking

I'll forgive you if you change your name to Leethedud

Images
    I was surprised that every local I met in Maui for 10 days HATE Laird Hamilton. They blame him for the SUP situation. I mean, a few guys were talking really poorly on him. Right on the North Shore of Maui. His stomping ground.

I think the dude is a beast, but they said his commercial influence crowded their island with SUP kooks who dont even know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    I'll forgive you if you change your name to Leethedud
    charlie, you called me a liberal. You also claim that I have no responsibilities and live off of the gov't. I personally invite you to go F yourself because you have no idea what you are talking about. Ill be the dud when you become "Charlieintheemergencyroombecausehetalked****tosom eonehedoesntknow"

alright, I got a theory....and nobody thought of it this way yet...maybe the guy who makes Anthony's Coffee is a good friend of Laird's, just maybe Laird happens to drink his buddy's coffee one day and is like "Holy **** man, this is good, I'll bet we could put my name on it and you could sell ****loads of it and make some profit".....it could have happened...I'm pretty sure Laird and his professional volleyball playing smokin' ass hot ass wife, Gabby have plenty of chedda....

You dudes need to pull up the "bongs" thread and chill the F out.
    leethemathman.
    You're right. Sorry.

This is a funny thread. I agree that Gabby is f***ing hot.

Images
    haha yeah, Leethestud italian espresso blend - Guaranteed to give you AIDS....

Fixed .......

this is one dumbass person...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/mee...227049996.html

Seems ironic to me: Smith spurned the huge pipeline of money that would have come from Nike. Because Smith wanted to stay 'surfer cool' - - in other words, he is very conscious of his image with his peers. So doesn't that make him a poseur of sorts? Because he is hyper-conscious of his cool-dude image & works hard at preserving that image?

Where will those 'peers' be if he wrecks a knee & his surfing career ends with a snap? Any pro athlete will tell you that if you have the opportunity to set yourself up financially for life from the people who are going to make huge money from your efforts: just do it.

What a dumbass Smith is. We hear about how surfing is a professional sport, not art, at Smith's level of competition. Yet, he turns down one of the premier professional sports & marketing outfits ever to stride the earth.

Who's advising this guy ...??

Here's the lead to the story (link is above):

JORDY SMITH took a phone call from Tiger Woods. He received an email from Michael Jordan. He was sent the shoe that Ronaldo used to kick a goal in a World Cup final. Nike offered him $5.3 million a year ... but he knocked them all back.

Smith is a 20-year-old South African making his debut on the World Championship Tour on the Gold Coast this week. It's the most anticipated arrival since Kelly Slater rocked up in his Stars and Stripes boardshorts and won his first event in California in 1990.

The former junior world champion's elevation triggered the most ruthless bidding war in the sport's history, with Nike throwing everything (and everyone) they had at him in an effort to enter the professional surfing market for the first time.

He was flown to Nike's US headquarters in a private jet to meet the company's co-founder, Phil Knight. A set of Woods's clubs turned up in the post. They spoke on the phone for 45 minutes, and the message from the greatest golfer on the planet was simple: jump on board the good ship Nike.

9. yes laird do me on right, i see you guys with your big peniis, thank you

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/mee...227049996.html

Seems ironic to me: Smith spurned the huge pipeline of money that would have come from Nike. Because Smith wanted to stay 'surfer cool' - - in other words, he is very conscious of his image with his peers. So doesn't that make him a poseur of sorts? Because he is hyper-conscious of his cool-dude image & works hard at preserving that image?

Where will those 'peers' be if he wrecks a knee & his surfing career ends with a snap? Any pro athlete will tell you that if you have the opportunity to set yourself up financially for life from the people who are going to make huge money from your efforts: just do it.

What a dumbass Smith is. We hear about how surfing is a professional sport, not art, at Smith's level of competition. Yet, he turns down one of the premier professional sports & marketing outfits ever to stride the earth.

Who's advising this guy ...??

Here's the lead to the story (link is above):

JORDY SMITH took a phone call from Tiger Woods. He received an email from Michael Jordan. He was sent the shoe that Ronaldo used to kick a goal in a World Cup final. Nike offered him $5.3 million a year ... but he knocked them all back.

Smith is a 20-year-old South African making his debut on the World Championship Tour on the Gold Coast this week. It's the most anticipated arrival since Kelly Slater rocked up in his Stars and Stripes boardshorts and won his first event in California in 1990.

The former junior world champion's elevation triggered the most ruthless bidding war in the sport's history, with Nike throwing everything (and everyone) they had at him in an effort to enter the professional surfing market for the first time.

He was flown to Nike's US headquarters in a private jet to meet the company's co-founder, Phil Knight. A set of Woods's clubs turned up in the post. They spoke on the phone for 45 minutes, and the message from the greatest golfer on the planet was simple: jump on board the good ship Nike.

He rips, but smith just aint the one. There is far more talent coming out of the u.s. in years to come, so Nike needs to keep its flavor on american soil anyway. Nike is american sports. Hopefully they can find an american to run on their international platform.. That would be nice.

P.S. I would love to here verification that Tiger Woods called this kid. I seriously doubt that. An Michael Jordan? That sounds shady... I mean, why the f8** would Jordan care. He owns nike. He is nike. He doesnt need to call.