LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: sunday???

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wildwood ,Nj
    Posts
    2,992
    Images
    5
    i had two sessions today . Early longboard session in the Northend of CM for about 2 hours then got a bite to eat and went to HQ logged there for about 2&1/2 hour and they a hours on the Quad. Pretty good day Chest to head semi bumpy but still fun

  2. #22
    pa goons get the **** out of here ***gots i hate you and gay quivers ... **** YOU

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    i had two sessions today . Early longboard session in the Northend of CM for about 2 hours then got a bite to eat and went to HQ logged there for about 2&1/2 hour and they a hours on the Quad. Pretty good day Chest to head semi bumpy but still fun
    How was it chest to head when yesterday it was chest high at best?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wildwood ,Nj
    Posts
    2,992
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    How was it chest to head when yesterday it was chest high at best?
    It was chest high ocassional head high sets. yesterday was a average of shoulder to head.
    With The ocassional OH bomb. It was No DOH like forcasted but I'll take it .

    It could have been chest high where u were but I know what I saw where I was at

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by fallingsky View Post
    Head out and look, you may be surprised. Have had some of my best/funnest sessions when I thought it was going to be bad but I looked anyways and got surprised.

    The world is my playground!
    I'll have to agree with you on that one. The other day i was down in seaside heights. i stayed out for like 4 hours in low tide. went back to my car to grab a smoke since the waves were dyin down. i wasn't plannin on goin back out since it was dead, but i gave it a go anyway. high tide ended up being 10 times better then it was during low. i stayed out another 4 hours. ahhhh, now thats a 8 hour shift i don't mind so much

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by richp12 View Post
    pa goons get the **** out of here ***gots i hate you and gay quivers ... **** you
    lollllllllllllllllllll

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    It was chest high ocassional head high sets. yesterday was a average of shoulder to head.
    With The ocassional OH bomb. It was No DOH like forcasted but I'll take it .

    It could have been chest high where u were but I know what I saw where I was at
    There was definitely no OH waves on Saturday. I was was at both ends all day. Not trying to start an argument but I just think our wave scales are way off. I was there all day Friday as well and there was the occasional OH bomb that day, but Saturday.. no way.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,324
    rgnsup is correct.
    i think cape may was really small because the system that generated the swell was to the north,and for cape may to have size the swell-generating system needs to be to the south of cape may.
    the swell the week before was head high to a little overhead in cape may at certain times thursday,friday and saturday.
    and 10 times better.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wildwood ,Nj
    Posts
    2,992
    Images
    5
    I dont know where u were at in CM on Sat and when but I saw a few ppl get OH waves . I got a one OH wave and a bunch of nice shoulder high waves. I caught some that were like a football field and a half long it seemed. But Sunday was a it was chest and Semi Sloppy on the average.

    I had 2 sessions sunday , one was at a good lowtide spot in the norht end and the other was at the normal spot . I was cleaner in the Am but as the tide came it thats when it began to get sloppier

    Dont get me wrong its not like on every set there was a OH wave but out of 6 hours of surfing I probally seen 3 OH waves on Sat.
    Last edited by MATT JOHNSON; Nov 15, 2010 at 07:37 PM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    470

    wave scale norming

    Just curious: How many people would call the "Rockaway Beach 11/12/10" picture at the bottom of the page OH? How many would call it something else?