LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Images

I got one for ya!

So, i could not make this up...

A guy was surfing on the other side of the jetty from me today... lost his finger,,,

Here is the link:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...nger-accident/

That wave was fun! need to get back there soon!

haha

Not to poke fun at the guy's misfortune, but when the newspaper said the finger was "lost to the sea" I almost died laughing. Hopefully the guy saves a copy of that and puts it on his wall so he can tell the grandkids some day. :P

Leashes suck. A necessary evil, I guess.

Images
    That is like a 1 in a million scenerio. I mean, we can't even figure out a way that the leash could wrap around the finger, and then get pulled tight enough to do that. Maybe it was the end of th leash, and it was one of the metal connectors at the bottom or something... But in my experiences, even large waves will just shred those leashed like paper... So, I can't imagine what kind of leash or how the hell that happened...

but yes, the lost at sea thing was sad but funny. It was like the a-hole who did the write up got a kick out of himself...

But that is how the SD UT paper works. Terrible reporting. Misinformation. Extremely vague write-ups. No details...

Images
    i could totally see that happening. Especially if your riding a longboard or a large fishy. He probably grabbed the leash and tried to hold onto it and it wrapped around his finger. sucks.