LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    lee only Damook uses the 3rd person around here.
    baaaaahhaaaaaaahahaha

MOOOKIE

devils advocate:

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    The last thread I started, I was alternately pummeled and ..... pummeled.

Whatever. Gotta luv democracy in action, right Lee...?

So here's my question:

if you are sitting, waiting for waves, minimal lateral movement for whatever reason & here comes a set....you start paddling & yes, this is a good one & yes you're right where you want to be....but all of a sudden, the SUP guy who has been trolling further out, back & forth he goes 30-40 yards at a time, pushes in to where you are & steps right into that wave & you have to bail or else you're going to drop in on his arse.....

Am I missing something here ?

I always thought the term for this behavior was 'snaking' the lineup. Like, if a guy on a surfboard did this he'd pay a price. However, I see it happen all the time with SUP pilots. And no one says, or does, anything.

And, yes, it really pissed me off. To the point where I'm actively thinking that next time screw him, I'm going & if he has a problem with it after we collide he can deal with my straight right to the beak.

I'm not kidding. I can back it up.

But, maybe I am out of it ? What is your opinion here...?

Is snaking, snaking ?? Or are SUP guys exempt because they have this mobility that puts them in the wave so quickly ?
    ok. take this with a grain of salt because I amgoing to come down on you hard!

Why are you surfing on waves that suck? If an SUP is out, it is a laim day. There are exceptions. I don't pitty you. I have spent most of the last 15 years paddling...A LOT! I can ride a 5'8"board and sit outside all long boarders at northside and pick em off. But, when the waves suck, I will go out and surf an SUP or my paddleboard...because the waves SUCK! I shortboard when there is waves and beaches that most everyone is scared to surf! Think about it and choose your battles!!!

careful, ^^^^ this will probably invoke a pissing match with YANKEE where you will learn some really useless vocabulary words.

SUP being exempt from snaking waves... no way. The only thing that I exempt them from is respect. The only time I have ever respected a SUP was when my buddy Ron charged overhead hermosa on one. Those waves get really steep, really fast. He took some critical poundings but you have to pay to play, right?

Iv tired it,...we went out on like a 2' day and the guys that I went with were all like "oh man that was a chest high set..." I just stayed quiet and laughed to myself about how they are measuring waves from the pit, while squatting... yeah, thats how its done... Kooky behavior like this is consistent with SUP

I'll drop in on an SUP any day any wave

Quote Originally Posted by oceanisnotasbigaswethink View Post
    SUP is not surfing. It is stand up kayaking.
    SUK

Blame Laird....

One SUP per break

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Behind The Sun View Post
    Blame Laird....
    'nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    ok. take this with a grain of salt because I amgoing to come down on you hard!

Why are you surfing on waves that suck? If an SUP is out, it is a laim day. There are exceptions. I don't pitty you. I have spent most of the last 15 years paddling...A LOT! I can ride a 5'8"board and sit outside all long boarders at northside and pick em off. But, when the waves suck, I will go out and surf an SUP or my paddleboard...because the waves SUCK! I shortboard when there is waves and beaches that most everyone is scared to surf! Think about it and choose your battles!!!
    You're gonna come down on me hard.....oooooooooohhhhhh so anxious.....!!

Another clown who invents his own Rules of the Ocean. wtf

Hey, sweetheart, you ain't comin' (down) on nobody but your bf in the downlow bars you frequent.

There's been a lot of intelligent posts on this topic, on this thread - - yours isn't one of them.

See some of the other posts in this thread & get thyself a clue, kook.

Respect? I watched a HAW dude go out & ride 25' Pipe. Serious props.

You, obgyn ...?
    On the east coast...?
    Hoggin' waves....?
    Inhale my stick in thy ribs, you snaky creepy self-righteous 'tard.....

Quote Originally Posted by RightCoastRipper View Post
    I'll drop in on an SUP any day any wave
    And I'll back you up every time.