LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images

It's really quite easy-

Dora rules apply.

A wave hog is a wave hog, no matter the craft. Nobody likes somebody who takes every set wave simply because they can. That's just bad manners, pure and simple... greedy, selfish behavior. We should all be showing some restraint when it comes to who has the advantage in the lineup. When a guy like that on a SUP does something like that, assume they don't know any better, and say something. What' they're doing is the same as somebody paddling up along the inside and taking off underneath you. It might not seem like the same thing, but it is... taking priority away from the guy who rightfully has priority. He deserves to take his share, but he shouldn't be picking off the best wave of every set. If you say something, and it continues, it's time to tell him that if he keeps doing what he's doing, he's going to start getting dropped in on. If it comes to that, be prepared for a confrontation.

SUP is not surfing. It is stand up kayaking.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanisnotasbigaswethink View Post
    SUP is not surfing. It is stand up kayaking.
    haha thats awesome

I hate the f-ing things! May as well just add a trolling motor, fish finder and couple of rods and reels.

Learn to surf like the rest of us or set on the beach and eat cheetos.

seems like the one advantage of SUPeeing (i don't know, i don't do it) would be that you could paddle AWAY from crowds and find your own peak. some SUPeers might rip but i think it's safe to say that most don't (in vb anyway). why those that don't would want to do it in a lineup full of guys that probably hate you (or at least don't want you around) is beyond me...maybe they're just clueless.

I have never had a major problem with SUP's until the past few days. The break i was surfing had an outer bar which was breaking much better than the inner bar. There were like 5 SUP's on the outer bar and they would take every good set that came. Since it was a long period swell they would take the entire set, paddle back out, and be there in time for the next set to come. When this one f**k ass Dbag SUPer couldn't catch the wave, he would yell at me "go,go,go". That sh*t really pissed me off. Also the only ones I would be able to take were the ones they couldn't catch and those waves ended up mushing out after the drop in. It's hard to talk sh*t to a 40-50 yr old because I really don't want to get into a situation where i have to beat an older guys ass. You would think they would have let the 10 or so short boarders catch a few of the really good waves that were out there, but no. I also don't feel like I should have to ask or become friendly with them just to have them let me catch waves. Head high +, glassy, and perfect long lefts out there and the only people I see riding them are SUP's b/c they are taking every wave and screwing everyone else. Really ticks me off.

Images
    never really had any issues with people on SUP. A cpl people that have them at one of the breaks I frequent also surf short and longboard so it dont even register as a issue. The only incident I had was some guy on a NSP SUP and he bailed and his paddle hit me so I took it and chuck it way out side and I said to him Paddle this ***** . He went out here got his paddle and off he went a bit farther down the beach

kite,paddle,skim,body,sponge(sorry,swellinfo)...
    longboard unless it's totally flat or tiny mush...

get a surfboard and surf.

windsurfing has been cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    seems like the one advantage of SUPeeing (i don't know, i don't do it) would be that you could paddle AWAY from crowds and find your own peak. some SUPeers might rip but i think it's safe to say that most don't (in vb anyway). why those that don't would want to do it in a lineup full of guys that probably hate you (or at least don't want you around) is beyond me...maybe they're just clueless.
    Clueless is probably about the most diplomatic way of describing these pee-brained pilots on SUP's. As the ocean gets more & more crowded, there will be confrontations because these pilots don't get it..

BTW, Berthpass makes a good observation in his post (hogging long swell waves, I def have seen to much of that from SUP pilots!), but the SUP pilots won't 'get it' until someone gives them a figurative tie-straightening.