LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by S2Kreative View Post
    Thats what she said?
    hahahahaha

I have seen some groms around here riding a board called "The Beater" it's a longer version of a boogie board with a single fin; its also all foam just like a soft board. Saw one at a local shop here for 149$ which is cheaper than what Ive seen online.
    I rode one a couple of times this past summer and it was a lot of fun.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wet suit = no tourists View Post
    I have seen some groms around here riding a board called "The Beater" it's a longer version of a boogie board with a single fin; its also all foam just like a soft board. Saw one at a local shop here for 149$ which is cheaper than what Ive seen online.
    I rode one a couple of times this past summer and it was a lot of fun.
    the beater will most likely turn him off from surfing, just because its so unstable. i guess you could say its a beginner board because its so cheap, but if you know you're kid is going to be into it id avoid one of these

Images
    ron jon always has a few cheaper boards especially during sales. i think of them as the perfect beginner board because they're not too expensive, and the funboards have great stability. ive had one for about 8 or 9 years and its held up great without any problems

Quote Originally Posted by ND081 View Post
    the beater will most likely turn him off from surfing, just because its so unstable. i guess you could say its a beginner board because its so cheap, but if you know you're kid is going to be into it id avoid one of these
    That's an interesting statement especialy when I said the kids I saw were ridding them (that means they were standing up) 4 to be exact.

thanks for the advice guys. probably looking at getting him a 6'-7' funboard/fish for now. have to see what i can find a deal on before xmas. nothing like finding a board under the tree. i was also checking out the beater and might get one but it would be more for just messing around than anything else.

you get him some rubber? Xcel has a nice junior 5/4 hooded