LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,097
    True to a point. If the the site is consistently inaccurate, then the clicks and eyeballs go bye bye. There used to be a shop in OC that did that all the time. They would hype swells for weekend and blatantly lie about the conditions to get people to come down (this was pre-internet). Finally people got the sh!ts of it and stopped going to that shop. next thing you know, the shop folded. Same here. If Micah really mis-represented things he would be out of business quickly.

    Bottom line like most people said, use this a s guide only and NEVER plan anything around a forecast more than 48 hours out.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,002
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    True to a point. If the the site is consistently inaccurate, then the clicks and eyeballs go bye bye. There used to be a shop in OC that did that all the time. They would hype swells for weekend and blatantly lie about the conditions to get people to come down (this was pre-internet). Finally people got the sh!ts of it and stopped going to that shop. next thing you know, the shop folded. Same here. If Micah really mis-represented things he would be out of business quickly.

    Bottom line like most people said, use this a s guide only and NEVER plan anything around a forecast more than 48 hours out.
    What he said.

    Back when, I did the Surfline Premium gig for too long. But the east coast 'forecasts' were consistently useless.
    And the ads....the endless ads on that site. As thick with the marketing as the print mags are.

    Micah was with Surfline. He said adios to Surfline & for good reason.
    Good stuff here on this site.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    The underlying language of any website:
    Clicks & Eyeballs & Page Visits & Unique Visitors.
    My underlying object for Swellinfo is to do something that i love and make people stoked on a product that I can help make better and better in time - I have many out of the box ideas to evolve the way we are forecasting surf conditions, and that is what motivates me. Most of my time is spent on development and not selling ads... that is why there aren't as many surf specific ads on here... because I'd rather develop the product then be the business person. But, whether I like it or not, I have to wear many hats.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    27
    Another thumbs up to Micah! If any of you have met or surfed with him, you'd see his dedication and openness.


    When is everyone going to stop crying that SwellInfo can't produce the perfect A-frame's in their backyard? Get a clue..

  5. #35
    This should have been in the "what is everyone thankful for" thread, but here goes...

    I am thankful for Micah...I have used several sites, including Surfline, bit I have to say for east coast predictions, Swellinfo is the most accurate indeed...now somebody buy my 6'4" Al Merrick Flyer, so I can feel better about impulsively buying my new Nugget, pictured here...lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    ...now somebody buy my 6'4" Al Merrick Flyer, so I can feel better about impulsively buying my new Nugget, pictured here...lol
    That's not a Nugget....

    ...THIS is a Nugget.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #37
    haha..nice Ray...I can't wait to take this new board out...swell gods, make me happy!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,002
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    Another thumbs up to Micah! If any of you have met or surfed with him, you'd see his dedication and openness.


    When is everyone going to stop crying that SwellInfo can't produce the perfect A-frame's in their backyard? Get a clue..
    Jeeeez Loueeez......take your face out of the man's butt cheeks, por favor.

    No one's "crying" here, Slim.

    As an analogy,
    while driving your vehicle do you often forget to notice green lights & then only move when the cacophony of air horns going off behind you makes you move your large arse off the line ....??

    Think about it...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    396

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    haha..nice Ray...I can't wait to take this new board out...swell gods, make me happy!
    You're gonna dig it, the most!