LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

going out on a limb here...

so i was just thinking... has anyone ever thought about, or tried wearing under armour under their wetsuit (maybe if it was a little to baggy, or not)??

it might sound a little out of the ordinary/ weird, but it was just on my mind

Images
    I have a long sleeve top but its not baggy . I wouldnt think you would want it baggy cause it could collect water if you suit gets flushed

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I have a long sleeve top but its not baggy . I wouldnt think you would want it baggy cause it could collect water if you suit gets flushed
    thats what i was thinking, but i know there are some people out there who say "my suit only lets in a teaspoon of water!" or something along those lines, thats what i was mainly referring to. but i definitely wouldn't try it if the suit is prone to flushing or doesn't have great seams

going out on a limb here...

Hey mate,

I was wearing my rash guard under my 3:2 and it was perfect, the rash guard was a tight fit so it all worked out. Now I use my winter suit, but it did the trick till about a week ago.

Whatever you wear, make sure itís tight and doesnít hold water.

Happy Surfing!

interesting, try it and let us know

I imagine you could pull it off, that stuff is like 1 mm neoprene isn't it?

I've rocked a rash guard under my suit, but once it gets really cold it almost becomes counter productive. The reason I say that, and this is only in my experience, the neck of the rash guard tends to break the seal of the wetsuit around my neck. The result is I get flushed way easier with a rash guard on than without it.

You might also want to check out one of those vest/hoods that you can wear under your suit. Even though the suit might flush a little more, you won't feel it and the extra neoprene on the core area makes a huge difference. I haven't worn one but I have a friend who does all winter. He said it's more restrictive on his breathing, but the trade off is he is always the last one to want to get out.

I do it all the time,I use L rather than usual XL so its nice and tight

Images
    ive heard of people using it, along with wool socks (wool maintains its warmth even when wet), but i couldnt imagine a wet tshirt would be very warm?

I usually try to wear something a little more naughty under my wetsuit. Something lacy and frilly, ya know? Maybe you could cut the nipples out of that underarmour top? That would be a start.

-the stud

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I usually try to wear something a little more naughty under my wetsuit. Something lacy and frilly, ya know? Maybe you could cut the nipples out of that underarmour top? That would be a start.

-the stud
    Ha....I needed that