LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    I've never worn under armor at all... but I've been told it is awesome for doing stuff active outside when it is cold. For example, my friend was telling me he wears it when he mountain bikes. I was wondering how it would work under a wetsuit as well, or when you ski/snowboard. I bet it would be great for the mountains... not sure about under the wetsuit, but I could imagine it would work pretty well, as long as it didn't take on water (I"m pretty sure it wouldn't).

Under my 4/3, I will wear a fleece full sleeve with an attached hood (when its cold enough). And the fleece is awesome - so warm. And, it makes getting in and out of the suit so much nicer in the middle of the winter. I bet the Under Armor could be similar if not better. Might need to give it a shot.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I've never worn under armor at all... but I've been told it is awesome for doing stuff active outside when it is cold. For example, my friend was telling me he wears it when he mountain bikes. I was wondering how it would work under a wetsuit as well, or when you ski/snowboard. I bet it would be great for the mountains... not sure about under the wetsuit, but I could imagine it would work pretty well, as long as it didn't take on water (I"m pretty sure it wouldn't).

Under my 4/3, I will wear a fleece full sleeve with an attached hood (when its cold enough). And the fleece is awesome - so warm. And, it makes getting in and out of the suit so much nicer in the middle of the winter. I bet the Under Armor could be similar if not better. Might need to give it a shot.
    I use to have this blue Short Sleeve rash guard I would wear under my wetsuits I forget who makes them but no matter how long i was in the water then I took off my suit this thing was dry to the touch. Wish I still had it cause it was really warm

Images
    I wear a rashgaurd under my suit everytime I go out along with these thermal pants and shirt, it's kinda like under armor and it works great. I just need to get a 5/4 -.-
    Last edited by NJ SPONGIN; Nov 22, 2010 at 12:45 PM.

Silk?

Anyone tried silk bottoms and/or tops under a wetsuit?

Wetsuit companies make under armour type products for layering under a wetsuit. Whatever you end up using, it'll keep you warmer, especially in an aging suit

http://www.oneill.com/#/men/americac...lative_layers/
    http://hyperflexusa.com/products/layering-polyolefin/

I've been using Hyperflex layering for the past 3 years. It is good stuff. As I don't own a 4/3, I have been wearing their full body poly under my 3/2. I have worn this combo in waters down to about 48 degs and stayed warm. Below that the 5/4 comes out.
    Last edited by DJFresh; Nov 24, 2010 at 02:01 PM.

Images
    I wear Under Armour Cold gear when I run in the winter. The long sleeve mocks are form fitting and are about 1mm thick, so you could conceivably wear it under a wetsuit. The insulation properties are fantastic. I will wear just a Cold Gear mock and a long sleeve technical top in temperatures down to the low 20's and not get cold. The material does not get wet like cotton does. It's designed to wick the moisture away from the body. I'd suspect that a good suit that doesn't allow a lot of water in would work very well with the UA Cold Gear line.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DJFresh View Post
    I've been using Hyperflex laying for the past 3 years. It is good stuff. As I don't own a 4/3, I have been wearing their full body poly under my 3/2. I have worn this combo in waters down to about 48 degs and stayed warm. Below that the 5/4 comes out.
    I got the poly socks last year they are awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I got the poly socks last year they are awsome.
    They are really good. They keep my feet so warm, that steam actually comes out of my boots after I take them off.

Plus they make getting the boots on & off much easier.

Images
    I wear under armour top long sleeve and bottom pants under my oneil 4/3 heat welded seam suit. And it gets me threw the winter. 40 degree and up, for an hour session.