LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alright Matt and NJsurf, I'm pretty much set then I could use my older 5mm gloves from last year. i'm not sure if i could ride them out when im on my sponge. however, all I really need is a hood since I have my suit picked out.

you think 3mm boots will be good because it's all i have. im not sure if I'll need to get another pair

and remember, this is the beginning of april

Images
    everything i had on at the beginning of april this year was 3 mil. just depends how you handle the cold.

Images
    I still don't get why you're preparing for the spring... what about winter?

Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    I still don't get why you're preparing for the spring... what about winter?
    I'm not going to be able to get out during this winter. first off, im not equipped with the proper gear, but anyway thats not the big issue. I get my drivers license in march, so I can finally get myself down the shore without having the parents breathing down my neck saying "it's to cold" or "no, that's crazy going down the shore in the middle of winter". So based off that, they're pretty much my barrier between myself and the sea

Quote Originally Posted by NJSwell View Post
    Alright Matt and NJsurf, I'm pretty much set then I could use my older 5mm gloves from last year. i'm not sure if i could ride them out when im on my sponge. however, all I really need is a hood since I have my suit picked out.

you think 3mm boots will be good because it's all i have. im not sure if I'll need to get another pair

and remember, this is the beginning of april

if your 3mil boots are round toe, you can rock a pair of socks under them to add a bit of extra warmth...they'll also prevent water seeping in, so your feet won't get cold as quickly. if they're split toe, you can prob. modify a pair of socks pretty easily to serve as well. down the road, however, picking up a pair of 5mil booties won't be a bad idea. i'm usually still rocking 5mil boots at the start of april.
    the main thing is a hood...w/ water in the 40's, you're gonna be wanting that. not much sucks worse than being caught inside on a chilly day w/ water in the 40's & duckdiving non-stop. your head will feel like it's going to implode from the pain.

good luck!

Images
    stop saying "down the shore"