LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: surf watches

surf watches

I'm looking to get a surf watch (budget under $125)...any suggestions?

I don't want anything too bulky. I would primarily use this watch for surfing and swimming and occasional running.
    ________
    KID PRILOSEC
    Last edited by surfsup; May 8, 2011 at 04:39 AM.

Images
    I have a old RipCurl Oceantide from when they first came out. Its a pretty good watch and is pretty accurate as well. Its a little bit over you budget but for something in your budget the Nixon tide watches are just at good and Woody's has them for 90 dollars right now

Images
    get a Tag.

Images
    i dont have one (yet) but i'd get a casio tidewatch for that money. i have gone through 3 high end rip curl watches. their awesome but they all break down.

x2 on the rip curl tide watches

Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    i dont have one (yet) but i'd get a casio tidewatch for that money. i have gone through 3 high end rip curl watches. their awesome but they all break down.
    Gshock Gulfman is how iv been rolling for years now. They also do a remake of the old school gshock with a tide graph which is a little smaller. I believe they are all around the $100 range. Fancy surf brand watches ALWAYS fail on me. My $400 rip curl ultimate tide watch became a present to Poseidon when the band broke mid session...

for a surf watch i just need the time,and i'm poor and don't need more,so i guess i'll buck the trend and say buy the cheap old shark watch.they are really cheap,but i abuse them and they last really long.they also make one with a long band that fits over my wetsuit and gloves. i always already know the tides before i paddle out so if i have the time i don't need a tide watch.freestyle shark,and the one with the longer band for fullsuit with gloves.save my money for other things.

Beachbreak... right on. I'm still wearing my shark watch and it's about 10 years old now. Funny... it gets steamed up on really hot days, but the thing still works!

10. Nixon the key have had it for a few years and works great for work and the surf