LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: surf watches

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bubonicphoniks View Post
    Freestyle Shark watch, tried and true. use it and abuse it 45 bucks.

best 45 i ever spent
    Agreed. my digital tide watch was like $75, but agreed.

like several other people who have posted here i have the lodown and it is great. It looks real nice. The only thing so far is that it is a little bit thick, but i wouldn't let it stop you from getting it.

use the little freestyle shark watch best watch ever extremely cheap and probably last twice as long as other ones

G Shock.

Less than 100 bucks.
    Durable, takes the pounding. My first one lasted 4 years of daily use.
    Surfed VB, Nica, Barbados, Argentina, Uruguay, OBX, DR, Assateague & that thing was on me all the way.

3 yr old nephew wrecked it, lol.
    Got another G Shock, it's going strong through VB, Assateague, OBX, Nica, Barbados & soon-to-be-Thailand.

For what it's worth, Australian (RAN) Clearance Divers are issued with the G Shock. Army 4RAR and SASR go for the G Shock. Most other Regiments go with G Shock.

G Shock for awesome value. Suunto, awesome timepiece but is x4 the price of Casio G Shock; Suunto is overkill for surfing.

Esp with great info online at swellinfo.com....

Anyways, there's solid reasons the US Army recommends G Shock as SOP gear for Rangers. And not just cause the PX sells 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Beachbreak... right on. I'm still wearing my shark watch and it's about 10 years old now. Funny... it gets steamed up on really hot days, but the thing still works!

This is so funny, mine just died on me after about 10 years. Went to their site and they've become really popular again. I ordered a throw back similar to the one I had. pretty cool.

here's the link:
    http://www.freestyleusa.com/products/shark.php

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    G Shock for awesome value. Suunto, awesome timepiece but is x4 the price of Casio G Shock; Suunto is overkill for surfing......

.....Anyways, there's solid reasons the US Army recommends G Shock as SOP gear for Rangers. And not just cause the PX sells 'em.
    More than just the Rangers, LT. I've been issued a Suunto, (2) Seiko titanium Aqualands, (2) Casio Pathfinders and (3) different versions of the G-shock. The G-shock is the only one that ran (without professional maintenance) until it's battery died, which is about 5 years. That's with countless illume and stopwatch uses. I'm not even going to get into what abuses they've endured.

Some guys get pretty pretty funny about their watches, though, justifying the bells & whistles with a "need." It's definately a "to each their own" item.

I see Matts pushing Woody's again.....Yo Matt are you getting a cut or what?You know what Woody's can do ? Pull my woody!!! O yea I know just supporting my local shop. You know what? Fuk Woody's stop kissing his ass Matt. Hey guys go to Ebay.
    Last edited by avonsurfernc; Nov 27, 2010 at 01:45 AM.

avonsurfernc,you are on the wrong website yet again

Nixon Lodown. Get it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by avonsurfernc View Post
    I see Matts pushing Woody's again.....Yo Matt are you getting a cut or what?You know what Woody's can do ? Pull my woody!!! O yea I know just supporting my local shop. You know what? Fuk Woody's stop kissing his ass Matt. Hey guys go to Ebay.
    Yawn .......................

1. I dont get a cut and nor do I want one. I ride for the shop and I do what I can to help a friend out . If some has something he dont have I recomend that shop . I got just plaster the site with WOODY'S every place

2. He was looking for a tide watch in his price range. If you read my post instead on ranting like a as s hole you would see that I recomended the Rip Curl Oceantide first and second the nixon that is on sale at woodys for 90 dollars. Woody's dont even sell Rip Curl watches

3. What do you really care if I recomended Woodys or post something about a sale that is coming up. Hey if I can help someone save a couple bucks then thats cool.

4. Stop being a tool