LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PR Trip

Images
    just got back from PR a couple weeks ago.

stayed at casa verde right there on sandy beach, real cool place, nice bar/grill upstairs. like i said, its right at sandys, 2 minute walk to pools, and about 10 minute walk to domes/marias. if u have a car, u will still walk to pools and sandys, then take a 1 mintue drive to domes/marias.

we drove up to NYC and flew out of JFK to aguadilla for $224 roundtrip with jetblue.....cant beat that price for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    what are the waves like in PR ? in the rincon area

mostly rights?
    mostly lefts?
    hollow?
    steep or mushy ?
    reef or beach break?

also what do you like better CR or PR ???
    Mostly rights, some lefts. Some breaks are hollower than others, and a lot depends on the wind, naturally. You're not going to get a total barrel fest in the Rincon area during an average swell, but some spots have fun tubey sections. For typical average Rincon waves something like a flyer worked best for me. When it gets big, a big wave board is a must. Tres can get big and hollow. 6-8 ft. ("baby tres") can be really good with few consequences for a competent surfer. When it's small, a longboard is a lot of fun... speedy nose trims with the reef reeling under your feet. Places like Wilderness are more hollow, but that's a bit of a drive. Most of the breaks are reef breaks. A few sand bottom breaks around, but Rincon is mostly reef. Jobos is sandy, but again... it's a drive.

I prefer PR over Costa. Both are beautiful places. PR is a lot more gritty, but the diving is really, really good when it's flat. Costa is slower paced and more rural. Getting around Costa is more challenging than getting around PR, and I love Puerto Rican food.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surferboi0911 View Post
    just got back from PR a couple weeks ago.

stayed at casa verde right there on sandy beach, real cool place, nice bar/grill upstairs. like i said, its right at sandys, 2 minute walk to pools, and about 10 minute walk to domes/marias. if u have a car, u will still walk to pools and sandys, then take a 1 mintue drive to domes/marias.

we drove up to NYC and flew out of JFK to aguadilla for $224 roundtrip with jetblue.....cant beat that price for anything!
    Here is the Casa Verde Rincon Rental information on Swellinfo.com.

If you decide to stay there, tell them you found them on Swellinfo! We are trying to make the rentals section the place to go when you need to find a place to stay on your travels...

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Here is the Casa Verde Rincon Rental information on Swellinfo.com.

If you decide to stay there, tell them you found them on Swellinfo! We are trying to make the rentals section the place to go when you need to find a place to stay on your travels...
    unfortunately, you have to be twenty-one to rent out rooms here. I actually saw this place, a lot of local dudes from around me stay there. Thanks for the headsup though.

Also about that two hundred something dollar jetblue flight, did you book it on a website?

Quote Originally Posted by rideacarr View Post
    unfortunately, you have to be twenty-one to rent out rooms here. I actually saw this place, a lot of local dudes from around me stay there. Thanks for the headsup though.

Also about that two hundred something dollar jetblue flight, did you book it on a website?
    are you sure you have to be 21? it used to be 18 iv never had a problem booking a room there

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rideacarr View Post

i booked on jetblue.com

i booked in july though, for a november flight. you might be a little too close to your date to get a really good deal, and when you want to go is the "in-season" time so rates will be a little higher

Images
    does anyone know of any other Puerto Rico rentals that we should have on the list.

Thanks!

Images
    Dude Spirit Air goes right to Agua. I was gonna say check out their website but i just tried and it's down... on the biggest travel day of the year...

Anyway, I've heard of people who are in their $9 fair club get to PR and back for like $100 roundtrip.

wow

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Mostly rights, some lefts. Some breaks are hollower than others, and a lot depends on the wind, naturally. You're not going to get a total barrel fest in the Rincon area during an average swell, but some spots have fun tubey sections. For typical average Rincon waves something like a flyer worked best for me. When it gets big, a big wave board is a must. Tres can get big and hollow. 6-8 ft. ("baby tres") can be really good with few consequences for a competent surfer. When it's small, a longboard is a lot of fun... speedy nose trims with the reef reeling under your feet. Places like Wilderness are more hollow, but that's a bit of a drive. Most of the breaks are reef breaks. A few sand bottom breaks around, but Rincon is mostly reef. Jobos is sandy, but again... it's a drive.

I prefer PR over Costa. Both are beautiful places. PR is a lot more gritty, but the diving is really, really good when it's flat. Costa is slower paced and more rural. Getting around Costa is more challenging than getting around PR, and I love Puerto Rican food.
    Thanks that is some great info, you got me so excited to go haha

btw are yyou the same lbcrew from dukestorm ?

Images
    I've been down there alot and actually will be there from Dec 17-23. You will definitely need that rental car. There are so many breaks and with the wind changes, you're going to want to be mobile. Talk to the everyone possible to find out info, the bar scene is a good place for that.... hahahha Seriously though, it's an awesome place, do some exploring and you'll easily get familiar. Domes & Sandy Beach are good spots to start off to get started and they're real close to each other. Then you've got Maria's and Dogmans, which are near the Calypso bar. The point at Maria's is probably going to be crowded but it's def get some great waves. If you haven't surfed a reef break before, watch where you're entering and exiting the water. Watch the other people go in and out, there are certain spots that there's a break in the reef. Jumping right in ontop of that reef can be a huge mistake, I've seen it done a few times, not a good thing!

I would stick away from the bike riding with the boards.... Those roads are not in good condtion and people drive crazy as hell! Make sure you lock your car doors too and don't have anything valuable in the car while your out surfing (like your ID's, cash, etc..) that **** will be gone for sure!

Let me know if you need any more info!