LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PR Trip

whats the weather and water temp in PR like in january ??????

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    air temps mebbe 80-85 during the day warm -not really muggy- nights water temps in the mid-upper 70s as i recall

Much like it is in February.

Watch out for the sandy beach breaks, boys. And get some bike riding exercise... the hills with a board will be fun!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    thank you for these.
    No problem, these are all places right in Rincon... I can't wait to get back down there!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ND081 View Post
    I'm actually planning a trip there for February. Ive never been, but I have a friend who goes multiple times every year. He has 3 kids, so he rents a house. I think thats what we'll be doing too (the fams tagging along). Im not too picky, but we'd prefer something fairly nice and not too remote. has anyone had any experience with renting? If a house doesnt work out, we're probably going to try for a condo. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!
    the best house to rent is the Tres Amigos Beach House. It's located right on Dogman's (the break next to Maria's) and has everything you need! check it out www.tresamigosbeachhouse.com, they have a video on there that shows the house and the location, doesn't get any better and you're centrally located for everything. They also have a calender on there that shows their availability. Good luck, let me know if you need any more info

help

so im in the works of planing my PR trip, i was wondering if you guys can help me with a few Q?

1) surfing rincon whats the best airport to land in ?

2) surfboard rentals ?

3) im aware of some of the better beaches in rincon , but do you know any good spots to teach a friend to surf ?

4) any other heads ups or friendly advice you can share about PR

thanks a lot!
    -staystoked

I'm heading down that way January 13-24 so this is all good info. Thanks for starting this thread!

so im in the works of planing my PR trip, i was wondering if you guys can help me with a few Q?

2) surfboard rentals ?

3) im aware of some of the better beaches in rincon , but do you know any good spots to teach a friend to surf ?

thanks a lot!
    -staystoked
    Petty crime (theft) is rampant, i.e., cards, houses, etc. Locals are increasingly becoming more hostile in part due to the crowding and growth of "surf schools and surf lodges" that cart people all over the place and into main breaks. And then there is the attitude of many gringos that treat the town people as something like feudal folks in their interactions, e.g., "hey, yo, where my sandwich. Wat wit yous?"

Your best place to surf and to teach your friend is at Domes and Sandy Beach, or Jobos Beach on the north coast.

Images

2) surfboard rentals ?

thanks a lot!
    -staystoked
    Best airport to fly in to is Aguadilla, it's only like a 30 minute ride to Rincon from there. There are surfboard rentals all over, but your best bet is the surf shop near Marias(not sure of the name). I agree that Domes and Sandy Beach are the best breaks to teach someone. Bringing them out on a reef could be a little intense and even for your first time surfing these breaks, you'll want to feel comfortable before trying to make someone else feel good about it. Don't be afraid to talk to people out there, alot of them are transplants from somewhere on the east coast of the mainland. Don't paddle into a lineup in a large group, spread out or paddle out seperately. Paddling in a group could get you all abolished from all waves at that spot. Get on it early!!! I always stay somewhere looking at the ocean (Tres Amigos/Fish eye/Pools) so that the surf check first thing is very close. Rincon's nightlife is fun and can get out of hand easily, so keep that in mind after your 30th Medella(PR beer). Have fun and always know your surroundings!

Agree with that last statement. Be aware of your surroundings. Its not that bad in Rincon per my experiences but the last time i was there, i was walking from fish eye to the breaks and theres a baseball field on the way down and some local people were having a birthday party with all the blow up slides n stuff...well as i was walking by i saw the event person reaching in his car for something and he had a handgun hanging out of his back pocket...at a childrens party!
    Another time i was really drunk at Calypso and some guys in my group had brought their g/fs and a group of locals came riding by on their horses and of course one of the guys g/f was all "i want a ride i wanna ride" and before i knew it she was hopped on and away they went down the street. I flipped out, like, **** shes done, going to get raped and killed. Luckily they brought her back a few minutes later.

Anyway...definately be aware of your surroundings...also if you go to Jobos...dont say anything if a local drops in on you...just accept it. I got dropped in on and was about to hit the guy with my nose so i made a noise and a group of 4 puertoricans started yellign at me and made me get out of the water.