LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

H2O Odyssey Fin Socks

just wondering if anyone has used these? http://www.ebodyboarding.com/Wetstuf...mm-Ultra-Socks
    They seem like they're pretty good, just looking for some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by ocmdsponger94 View Post
    just wondering if anyone has used these? http://www.ebodyboarding.com/Wetstuf...mm-Ultra-Socks
    They seem like they're pretty good, just looking for some feedback.
    I use the 3mm version, and they're good. One pair developed a hole in the toe after a season, gotta keep those toenails trimmed.

Images
    ya, h20 booties are best for fitting your fins in... I dont wear anything else.
    But, as Scarecrow mentioned they do get holes in them fairly easily if you aren't careful...
    Good thing though is they are fairly inexpensive as compared to hard bottom boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    ya, h20 booties are best for fitting your fins in... I dont wear anything else.
    But, as Scarecrow mentioned they do get holes in them fairly easily if you aren't careful...
    Good thing though is they are fairly inexpensive as compared to hard bottom boots.
    Okay, and thats the main thing i was thinking of... the best fitting booties and the price, but i was also thinking of trying those Hyperflex "hot socks"

Most importantly, any idea of how to convince my mom to let me get a wetsuit and booties? she doesn't seem to think I'd be getting much use of out them and that "i dont need them"

I have a pair of 5 mm that I used through Decemeber last year and then again starting in April. They were good but my fins were a bit big in them so they always felt a bit loose. They also wore out in the bottom of the right one from just walking around in them on the sidewalk/concrete. I was considering this winter Jan-March doubling up on a pair of 3mm, or a 3mm and 5mm depending on which filled out the foot pocket of the fin better. My other thought was to use a pair of one of theses at 7 mm http://www.yazbeck.com/socks . I met a guy a few weeks ago who had them, and swore by them, but they have the same issue as the H20'S, the bottoms wore out. I've a couple idea's on how to solve that (involving super gluing some foot gels to the bottom of the sock), but I don't know anything about the seam construction. What would be awesome is for some wetsuit company to make a pair of socks with extra padding/rubber on the bottom where your foot presses against the concrete. So you get the flexiblity of a sock with a low foot profile, but the durablity on the bottom of a surf boot.

Rez

I'm thinking that wearing slippers or flip flops to combat the wear and tear issue from sidewalks would be a good idea

I don't put my fin socks on until I'm down on the beach, on the sand. No walking around on sidewalks and parking lots means they'll last a lot longer.

Ocmdsponger: Definitely on the flip flops or sandals or something this winter to protect the socks, esp if I end up getting the Yazbecks.

Scarecrow: I was thinking that, but then I have to mess around with rolling up the legs of the wetsuit. I think that screws up the seal on my feet, not to mention it stretches out the cuffs which I'm not to keen on doing.

Images
    I got em and i love them. They can rip easily but mine havent yet, but are super comfortable

temp...

whats the coldest temp. you guys have used them in? Im also looking to get the hyperflex hot socks, i figure they would help on colder days.