LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Claw gloves

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I had a pair of hyperflex 5 mm gloves a couple years ago and they were cold and leaky from the first session. yea they were cheaper than the xcels and O'neills i usually buy, but i'd rather drop an extra $15 and have warm hands.
    I'm with you on the Hyperflex gloves. Love their wetsuits but the 5mm gloves get waterlogged instantly and cold. I think the sleaves are too short or something.

I bought a pair of O'Neil claw gloves 4-5 years ago and they were a disaster - not because of the warmth, but because they were incredibly slippery. The first wave I tried to catch I went to push myself up and both hands slipped off the board and I did a face plant onto my board. It kept happening and I had to ditch the gloves. I even tried waxing up my gloves but that didn't work. Thing, is, they had this slick looking layer on the palms that, when in the store, made it appear as though they would have MORE gription. But it turned out they had less. The newer ones seem to have rectified this, from what I can see...

Yes. The newer style gloves almost all have better gription (great word, BTW). Claws are my preference in 5mm winter gloves. I like 5 finger gloves for spring and fall in 3mm.

new 5 mil body glove vapor 5 finger are really nice

Quote Originally Posted by span1 View Post
    Claw gloves don't break down and get those little holes between fingers that let water in.
    every claw glove i have ever owned has formed a hole between the first finger and the other three

Quote Originally Posted by 9ten View Post
    no likey. i don't see much benefit vs. mittens and the solo index finger gets cold sometimes. go mittens or regular 5 fingers.
    i agree, i used to always go with oneill mittens, but lately i've been wearing the oneill "dl psycho" 5 finger glove

even at only 3mm they keep my hands warm on all but the coldest days, id say i wear them 90% of the winter... awesome grip on them too.

I love them,i have both the claw and the 5-finger. Claw is alot warmer

alright so i tried out the 5mm hyperflex claw gloves today in 38 degree water. It was my first time wearing them ever. I purchased them from wetsuit wearhouse a few days ago because of the $22 price tag. So i'm 150lbs and was thinking a medium would be a nice snug fit. The fingers were good but the wrist is SUPER wide, think someone with the build of the incredible hulk wide. After about ten paddles my right hand was starting to get wet and after half an hour my glove was full of water. A hole between the index and 3 fingers broke out in less than one session! WTF!?!? That pissed me off but they were still warmer than the old 3mm psycho gloves i was rocking before that. But i'll be lucky if i don't go back to the old 3mm gloves before this seasons over. Warm... yes. Durable... most definitely NOT. dont waste your money like i did

Images
    This year I got a set of Body Glove Fusions and I have to say they are pretty warm . they are very well made and my hands are near dry when I take them off.

After I get my taxes i am gonna get a new wetsuit gloves and boots. I cant decide between Hyperflex and Xcel . I hear great things about the Drylock stuff and I might have to bite the bullet and give it a go

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme*Liquidshredda View Post
    alright so i tried out the 5mm hyperflex claw gloves today in 38 degree water. It was my first time wearing them ever. I purchased them from wetsuit wearhouse a few days ago because of the $22 price tag. So i'm 150lbs and was thinking a medium would be a nice snug fit. The fingers were good but the wrist is SUPER wide, think someone with the build of the incredible hulk wide. After about ten paddles my right hand was starting to get wet and after half an hour my glove was full of water. A hole between the index and 3 fingers broke out in less than one session! WTF!?!? That pissed me off but they were still warmer than the old 3mm psycho gloves i was rocking before that. But i'll be lucky if i don't go back to the old 3mm gloves before this seasons over. Warm... yes. Durable... most definitely NOT. dont waste your money like i did
    I bought a pair of hyperflex 5 mm gloves a year or two ago and they leaked right from the first session...gave them to a kid who didnt have gloves after two sessions. Xcel drylock mo betta