LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    If surfers in contests want to be big time sportsmen they should be drug tested too.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by handyguy2 View Post
    If surfers in contests want to be big time sportsmen they should be drug tested too.
    Its not that kind of party. I doubt most pro surfers use performance enhancers. I mean maybe, but lean fitness is ket to surfing, not really muscle mass or power... Maybe they would use the same kinda stuff that the cylcist guys are using...

But the drug being used throughout the pro surf circuit are mostly recreational drugs (I assume anyway)... I mean, I believe that a few of the elite guys may not smoke pot or anything, but for the most part, the surf community if pretty open to things like that...

I mean, surfers smoking pot, or meth or whatever really does NOTHING to enhance their abilities or give them any advantage. If anything it makes them less competetive, so if you were to test the ASP, I bet you most would fail from pot all the way up the chain...

I never knew that surfers were into meth/coke and all that until I saw a documentary about the big wave surfer up at mavericks who died on a huge day and he literally had blow coursing through veins when they tested him... I mean, dropping in on a 50 footer has to get the heart racing pretty much as fast as it gets, so who on earth would want to add to that... crazY!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Its not that kind of party. I doubt most pro surfers use performance enhancers. I mean maybe, but lean fitness is ket to surfing, not really muscle mass or power... Maybe they would use the same kinda stuff that the cylcist guys are using...

But the drug being used throughout the pro surf circuit are mostly recreational drugs (I assume anyway)... I mean, I believe that a few of the elite guys may not smoke pot or anything, but for the most part, the surf community if pretty open to things like that...

I mean, surfers smoking pot, or meth or whatever really does NOTHING to enhance their abilities or give them any advantage. If anything it makes them less competetive, so if you were to test the ASP, I bet you most would fail from pot all the way up the chain...

I never knew that surfers were into meth/coke and all that until I saw a documentary about the big wave surfer up at mavericks who died on a huge day and he literally had blow coursing through veins when they tested him... I mean, dropping in on a 50 footer has to get the heart racing pretty much as fast as it gets, so who on earth would want to add to that... crazY!
    most pros are not into recreational drugs at all. if your in the top 20, something as little as loss of concentration or fatigue can really screw you over. big wave surfers might do coke but they arent the guys going head to head on webcasts. they are just addicted to adrenaline, and cocaine is an easy way for them to access it. pretty stupid in my opinion, i dont think anyone should use mind altering substances regardless of their profession. it can really affect you in the long term, especially when you're risking your life while flying down a 50 foot monster.