LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    no reason to tough it out. just pull your wetsuit top down put on a hoodie and drive home. do it that way and you don't need tips on changing in the winter because you don't have too. best way to do it by far. only downside is you look like an idiot when you stop into wawa for that post-surf hoogie.... or is that just me?

Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    no reason to tough it out. Just pull your wetsuit top down put on a hoodie and drive home. Do it that way and you don't need tips on changing in the winter because you don't have too. Best way to do it by far. Only downside is you look like an idiot when you stop into wawa for that post-surf hoogie.... Or is that just me?
    llooollll!!!!!

Dood! U totally never did taht!!!

-sladism

i go in wawa all the time suited up

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingboy65 View Post
    i go in wawa all the time suited up
    i love going in stores wetsuit halfway down soaking wet cold dripping water, i just feel it pisses the store workers off since then they gotta wipe up my mess.

Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    i love going in stores wetsuit halfway down soaking wet cold dripping water, i just feel it pisses the store workers off since then they gotta wipe up my mess.
    Yea i always get dirty looks, but i am not taking my suit off when i am driving 5 mins home

Cold Water Surfing - the exit

People of the Chore!

You guys are a bunch of creative crazies and I love it! Thanks for the tips/ideas! Pucker!

I hope to see you all down there come January/February, have a great winter session!

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by surfingboy65 View Post
    Yea i always get dirty looks, but i am not taking my suit off when i am driving 5 mins home
    then don't stop at wawa!

but in all seriousness, i either just drive home in my suit or, if it's any kind of distance, suck it up & endure the chill & change on the street.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Dec 2, 2010 at 01:18 AM.

Images
    I use the one of the porta potties in the parking lot at my break, and im lucky if someone just took a dump because i could feel some of the steam rising from below. Blocking wind, and adding heat.

Images
    yeah dude its five minutes of freezing and ALWAYS worth it.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I surf all year, and most of the time go straight from work to the beach. I change into my wetsuit in the car. After my session, I change out of my suit outside, alongside of my car, between the front door and back door, which are both open to help block the wind on three sides. Take off gloves, pull off hood, pull out arms, pull suit down to the waist, quickly towel off, wrap the towel around my waist, and pull on a hoodie. Take a second towel, and put it down on the ground. Take off one boot, and step on the towel. Take of the other boot, and put that foot down on the towel. Now I'm standing with clean feet on one towel, the other towel around my waist, and a hoodie on. Pull down the wetsuit under the towel around my waist, take off the suit completely, and dry off my legs and feet with the towel that's around my waist (sounds harder than it is). Put on dry socks, put on pants, take off towel, put on shoes.

Winter surfing is not for whimps. But after a session, with your metabolism up and body pumping out heat, you can get changed outside without getting cold to the core. Hands and feet will feel it, but you won't get hypothermic in the time it takes to strip down, dry off, and get back into dry clothes. I actually feel I warm up faster if I change right away than if I wait 'till I get home. Sitting in the car in a wetsuit for the drive home I feel like I get colder.

when i was at school and drove 1+ hour to surf, i did this exact thing. it works well to stay warm when stripping in the cold. but for when im home, like now, i usually just take off the top half and hoodie it home. 5 minutes home then i shower with the whole thing. feels epic and cleans the suit. 2 birds baby