LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    try 21-13.com
    Mike is a great shaper and you can talk to him about what you need. hes out of california, but i really think his boards are well made.

Try Brian Wynn from NJ also. It sounds like you have enough info that if you can actually get in touch with a shaper they can really help you with what he needs.

Images
    yeah I have to agree with lee save 300 bucks and buy locally.

Either Brian Wynn , Legend Surfboards (legendjim on this forum), Heritage, 21-31 are all made locally . Drop them a email and see what they can do for you in the amount of time you have

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    yeah I have to agree with lee save 300 bucks and buy locally.

Either Brian Wynn , Legend Surfboards (legendjim on this forum), Heritage, 21-31 are all made locally . Drop them a email and see what they can do for you in the amount of time you have
    don't forget double! from avalon, nj now shapes from oceanside, ca http://doublesurfboards.com/

Those mainstream manufactured boards such as rusty and channel islands are sturdy boards but the smaller manufacturers such as Cole, T.Patt, WRV they all use the same templates for the basic line of shortboards except about 200 to 300 dollars cheaper and just as rippable

Images
    just go to the local surfshop buy him the board (all the boards you listed will work) and if he dont like it tell him to regift

Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    try 21-13.com
    Mike is a great shaper and you can talk to him about what you need. hes out of california, but i really think his boards are well made.

Try Brian Wynn from NJ also. It sounds like you have enough info that if you can actually get in touch with a shaper they can really help you with what he needs.
    Ordered a 21-13 this year best thing ever, uncle mike is super nice and helps you out i got a sick 5'8 xx-quad but added the extra fix box to ride thruster, oh and added rocket tail super loose fun board, but he will hook you up with anything you want

and i have a lot friends that ride Wynns and no complaints at all

I have the 5'9 xx fish - best board for knee to solid chest. I have a swallow tail - kinda wish i went with a flight or a thumb tail, but none the less an awesome board!

Matt Johnson - uncle mike is from oceanside, ca

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    take those dims to a local shaper and save 300 bucks over the rusty or CI. you MIGHT get it by christmas if you act fast, and the bottom could say "merry christmas (dude)" right under the glass. Now thats a thoughtful gift... PM me if you need help finding a shaper in va / obx area.
    i agree as well, do this. theres nothing like a locally shaped board

Go local as stated above. Just be sure to order it NOW and make 100 percent sure you tell him you need it by Xmas.

http://www.timnoltesurfboards.com/

Another somewhat local shaper is Tim Nolte out of OBX. Craftsmanship is second to none and he will give you exactly what you want. Definitely worth the ride to NC.
    http://www.timnoltesurfboards.com/