LOGIN | REGISTER

Gaskins / Long Branch, NJ / Sometime in the 70s'

Added by torocosmico
« Previous Image   |   Next Image »

Gaskins / Long Branch, NJ / Sometime in the 70s'

Views: 7,729  
 
Filmstrip 
Kiernen (Seven Presidents Park)/Long Branch, NJ/Sometime in the 70's before death by replenishment  Gaskins / Long Branch, NJ / Sometime in the 70s'  n20100112_30999712_5784

  Description for Gaskins / Long Branch, NJ / Sometime in the 70s'

Description by torocosmico

torocosmico

Photo: Todd Thompson

Comments for Gaskins / Long Branch, NJ / Sometime in the 70s' (8)

  1. #1 TommyP
    Re: Gaskins / Long Branch, NJ / Sometime in the 70s'
    A classic view never to be the same again. Nice photo!
  2. #2 Vjay
    Re: Gaskins / Long Branch, NJ / Sometime in the 70s'
    When was this? And is that casino pier in the background?
  3. #3 eastcoastgilson
    Re: Gaskins / Long Branch, NJ / Sometime in the 70s'
    freakin amazing!!!!!!!

    Long Branch goes off, but thats perfection

    .........how good was long branch in the 70's? One of the better east coast spots?
  4. #4 torocosmico
    Re: Gaskins / Long Branch, NJ / Sometime in the 70s'
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjay
    When was this? And is that casino pier in the background?
    Sometime in the mid-late 70's. That is actually the Long Branch Pier with the old Haunted Mansion.
  5. #5 torocosmico
    Re: Gaskins / Long Branch, NJ / Sometime in the 70s'
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastgilson
    freakin amazing!!!!!!!

    Long Branch goes off, but thats perfection

    .........how good was long branch in the 70's? One of the better east coast spots?
    Absolutely, especiallly Kiernen which is now Seven Presidents Park. We are putting up a photo of that today. The stretch of 4 jetty-breaks going North to South were: Public (now Whitewall), USO (named after an old USO Building long since torn down), Kiernen (the best overall of the four jetties --- it held the biggest swell and gave the longest ride), and Gaskins named after a fish market also long since gone: it stood where the plaza with Spellbinders, Krausers, the Windmill, etc. now stands.
  6. #6 masccerplaya7
    Re: Gaskins / Long Branch, NJ / Sometime in the 70s'
    That picture is amazing. I love it!!
  7. #7 beaner
    Re: Gaskins / Long Branch, NJ / Sometime in the 70s'
    pretty good snappers impression
  8. #8 JerseySurfRat89
    Re: Gaskins / Long Branch, NJ / Sometime in the 70s'
    Quote Originally Posted by torocosmico
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastgilson
    freakin amazing!!!!!!!

    Long Branch goes off, but thats perfection

    .........how good was long branch in the 70's? One of the better east coast spots?
    Absolutely, especiallly Kiernen which is now Seven Presidents Park. We are putting up a photo of that today. The stretch of 4 jetty-breaks going North to South were: Public (now Whitewall), USO (named after an old USO Building long since torn down), Kiernen (the best overall of the four jetties --- it held the biggest swell and gave the longest ride), and Gaskins named after a fish market also long since gone: it stood where the plaza with Spellbinders, Krausers, the Windmill, etc. now stands.
    that pic right there is just awesome man..i mean im only 16 and never got to see the pier in person but thats as good as it gets...after surfing there all my life and now seeing what it looked like in its prime..awesome..thanks for posting!!!