Type: Multiple Property Types Region: Cen America/Mexico - Nicaragua City: El Transito
Number of Bedrooms: 5 Sleeps: 13 Bathrooms: 5 Half Bathrooms: 0
You already know that Nicaragua has 300+ days of offshore winds and un-crowded breaks. What you don't know is that depending on which location you choose, you could be surfing onshore slop and crowded waves your entire trip. We scout waves like it's our job… oh wait, it is… and we do it so you don't have to, so please take advantage.
Situated in Central-Nicaragua on the pacific coast, between all major cities, and just 90 minutes from the airport, we have access to 18+ breaks, 10+ within an hour of our base camp and most of which you will surf alone. We wait for the right swell to surf the right spot, we don't follow the crowd and we don't mix tour groups.
We know this region like the back of our hand because our guide (a bi-lingual, former EMT) lives in Nicaragua year-round and our staff is filled with locals. This true integration has given us an incredible network and unparalleled expertise that enables us to provide a much more unique and real Nicaraguan experience – one that no other camp can match.
While most of you will focus on surf, we offer a ton of other activities that include volcano hiking/boarding, cigar & rum factory tours, colonial city tours and even volunteer programs. This way, you don’t have to leave the girlfriend, wife and/or kids at home (though you can!), which may mean getting an extra surf trip in this year.
AND! We do all of this for less than $1,000 per person for a group of 4 or more.
• ACCOMMODATIONS: Our house is beachfront and looks at three of the most consistent surf breaks in the region. We have 5 rooms with 5 ½ baths (up to 13 people) that include A/C, private bath, furniture for clothes, a board rack and a safe. We have a rancho with hammocks and chairs to relax in - not to mention is a great place to take photos of surfers at almost every break in town. We also have pretty good WiFi, though it can be spotty (especially during the rainy season) so we appreciate your patience.
• STAFF: Our staff includes a bi-lingual, emergency responder tour guide (former EMT/Firefighter and Red Cross award recipient), two LOCAL chefs (none of this stay for free and be our chef kind of thing), a professional driver (and former Nicaraguan cop), a night watchman (not that we need it), and a sales/marketing associate that will plan your itinerary, set up your travel insurance and is also our woman surf instructor (Semi-Pro Surfer with 12+ years of teaching experience).
• FOOD/DRINK: Our two chefs in the kitchen are the best in town and serve everything from full fish (cooked to your liking – steamed or fried) and ceviche with rice, beans, guacamole and pico de gallo, to chicken asada and empanadas with plantains and ensalada. Meals are always served with fresh juice and of course tons of Nicaraguan coffee in the morning! We also include a case (12 pack) of beer and bottle of rum for each tour client per week (of age clients only – obviously).
• ACTIVITIES: We include a day trip to a colonial city or night out to a nice restaurant in our tours and offer a ton more activities to choose from at a nominal cost; horseback riding, baseball games, coastal hiking, surf lessons, volunteer programs, Spanish lessons, coffee/eco farm tours, colonial town tours, fishing, snorkeling, mangroves, cigar and rum factory tours, zip-lining tours and volcano tours.
• VOLUNTEERING: We work with local non-profit partners and businesses to plan small projects and/or volunteer sessions clients can partake in. We tailor each program to the clients skill set so both them and the locals get the most out of the program.
• PHOTOGRAPHY: Included in our tours are photographed surf sessions. Before you leave, we will edit your best photos and give them to you along with all of the raw, high res photos from every session.
• TRANSPORTATION: We have a professional driver who is a former cop that will make sure you will arrive safely and on time to whatever your destination may be. We take care of all transportation during your entire trip; from the moment you arrive to the time of your departure.
• TRAVEL INSURANCE: We also include international travel medical insurance and emergency assistance to protect you via Fronteir MedEx.
Book now at email@example.com
Through our tours we access 18+ surf breaks (reef, beach, point breaks and A-frames) with 10+ in an hour radius of our camp. We go as far south as Popoyo and as north as Puerto Sandino with our base camp located in the middle. Our camp is in front of three of the most consistent breaks in the region (when everywhere else is flat – say November to April – we has waves) and there’s a fourth break within a 5-minute walk. When a bigger swell hits we start traveling to 6 other areas to score more great waves.
While the bigger swell season is March through October (good, overhead sized waves that enable us to travel up and down the coast), November to April is also a fantastic time to travel to Nicaragua, and more specifically, to SOLID. As mentioned above, our beach picks up any swell that’s around, giving us fun waves (for every level), warm water (no top needed), great offshore wind (not blown out) and incredible weather (it’s the dry season).
CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: ALL TOUR PAYMENTS AND DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. There are no refunds or partial refunds given for early departures from a tour or early checkouts from a resort, hotel or surf camp. There are no refunds given for reasons pertaining to surfing conditions or weather conditions. There are no refunds given for reasons pertaining to a global, national, or provincial political situation that does not directly pose a security threat to the safe operations of the tour in the specific region.