Tropical Depression 12

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Kokopelli, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I hope everyone was able to capitalize on their swell window for Irene. Late Sunday/early Monday proved to be the biggest/best conditions for most of NJ. A lot of good pictures have been popping up.

I already got my eyes on Tropical depression 12. I'm not trying to get ahead of myself or hype/predict anything. Its is still VERY early in its developmental stage. But, conditions appear favorable for TD 12 to potentially develop into hurricane Katia later this week. Best we can do is hope for this intensification and a favorable path that produces swell without interrupting our local weather. Stay tuned.

Also keep in mind that Irene moved a lot of sand around, this should help improve the bar systems for the next round of swell.

2. ripthegnar

ripthegnar Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2010
    and with the quik pro in new york and summer ending, the lineups will be empty

3. James Domorski

James Domorski Member

Feb 15, 2011
    You are correct sir!!!

I totally agree!! Still way too early for the excitement but still to be optamistic and pray to Poseidon for great swell but safe weather and water... well not too safe of water so EVERYONE doesent paddle out.... I was out this morning from 6ish to 11 and ill tell you what at PEAK high tide it was INSANELY FUN AND PERFECT!!!;) but as the low came in it was pretty @$$tastic.... So worth killing myself for one more day... but tomorrow will still be some fun I hear so my rotators and chest will have to wait another day to relax

4. windswellsucks

windswellsucks Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2007
  5. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    I have to go change my pants

6. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Hell yea! god i hope this holds up. i wanna more seesions like bill 2 years ago

7. Kokopelli

Aug 10, 2009
    This swell looks like it could potentially blanket the east coast with long period ground swell. It also may be the swell that kicks off the Quicksilver pro in NY.

8. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    definitely potential... early peak at timing would be first long period swells showing around Monday.

9. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    NY Pro is canceled but 2 swells back to back would be excellent

10. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    NO. THE FESTIVALS THAT GO ALONG WITH THE CONEST. skate bmx and surfing is still a go. concerts and all the other stuff is a no go.

11. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    \r\n\r\nSocial Media Outburst say its all off . City of Longbeach is going to hold a meeting tomorrow to discuss the event and what and what not will happen

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  12. Kokopelli

Aug 10, 2009
    As of 5amTropical Storm Katia is born, NOAA forecast have the storm becoming a hurricane by Thursday and potentially a major hurricane early Sunday (well off the coast of PR).

Thats a bummer about QuikProNY, esp with the good potential for solid swell next week.

13. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    One can only wish, esp. with these unpredictable tropical systems... In terms of waves, Irene in VB was just a tease. This new one on the other hand, has potential to be like Bill back in '09.

14. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    ^ McMuffin is right!

15. bobbyg

bobbyg Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    After the way Irene left, I'm ready to rebound all over Katia