Soo.. whats the outcome of GRUVI

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by Epic, Sep 21, 2011.

1. cresto4

cresto4 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Gruvi is a yankeestud production. Testing the waters for their very own reality show based on the midatlantic forum...

2. danmar

danmar Member

Feb 14, 2010
    If you're right, mrswellinfo is a pretty smart. I have been a member since Feb 10' and have never been this excited to log on an see what's going to happen next. This crap is great...

3. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
  4. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Yo Gruvi! I surf Belmar as often as I can get out there. I would be happy to paddle out and show you the ropes. You don't even have to get me a pizza! Looks like we might have something on Sunday afternoon. I could paddle out after church if you're around. PM me. Later!

5. mongoloid

mongoloid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    dont expect a pm from a real person....this guy's a fake

6. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    really? I thought Micah vouched for him in another thread and it's been determined that he is real, he's not yankee and he just comes across as a little quirky over the net???

Well, offer stands. If he takes me up on it I will let everyone on here know if he's for real or not. i can't promise I won't throw a backside bucket on his head though... make it rain.

what happened with Yankee anyway? Did he have a meltdown or something? When he first came on he seemed like a pretty good member of the forum. Unfortunately I hadn't been around much because of work and I checked in and all his posts were trying to tear someone apart. Didn't seem like the same person... I'm assuming he's banned?

Welcome to all the new folks!

7. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    i don't like not knowing whats going on, and who is who. i don't buy it frankly, no one could be that naive, right?

8. gruvi

gruvi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Thanks Wally, I appreciate your offer! Sunday is tough, actually not doable, as it's my weekend to work in my hospital. I am hoping to go to Belmar tomorrow, Friday. I also have off on Monday to go in case the rain is too much for me for Friday.
    I wish the dudes that think I'm not real would just relax. I'm real unless you like to believe in apparitions, and finding out I'm real kills it for you like it did when you discovered mom and dad were Santa.

9. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    X2 Micah

After careful reading Gruvi posts seriously felt he was being misunderstood while some so eager to dispel if he was the really a newbie or scam mer with a new identity yet his writing style was not unique to names mention.In spite of all the drama, he's got some "guts" answering accusations without so much attacking those who were questioning his authenticity. After 154 posts under the microscope, for a newbie, he handled himself well, deserves a metal posting toe to toe with some of you.You didn't beat him down so shows me he has strong character traits some of you might want to take into consideration.

What's sad, conversing with other surfers on and off the sand, they appreciate Swellinfo wave forecast yet the reputation of the forum is less than stellar. Maybe this episode can be used constructively offering some "new life" to this Forum to reevaluate posters rush to judgement creating a bashing party atmosphere as entertainment. I hope most will agree Surfing is a culture, a positive force in our lives but how/why we allow ourselves gratification to pursue/persecute each other in such a defamatory way puzzles my mind.

Just my 2 cents, as I've said before, I'm an old guy, don't rule, some might shrug me off as Kooky, that's OK 2, after many years just a different outlook on surfing and life as a whole some might agree and hope others deem beneficial.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  10. snowbird

snowbird Active Member

May 19, 2008
    Come on man, Gruvi is none other than IceyBeatzJosh returning to the forum after completing some writing classes. IceyBeatz is taking his revenge on the forum for the shunning he received. Welcome back Mr. Beatz.

11. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    goofy,the swellinfo forum is fun.if you don't like it then don't do it.as for gruvi,what is the avatar?or hilly's?if you don't realize it's a put-on or they're aliens,then sorry i'm so cynical and skeptical.or acutely paranoid.there must be a perfectly logical explanation,right?go back and read-through gruvi/hilly from their appearance here and keep telling yourself they are simply newly stoked on surfing.watch where it goes.i now personally find it lighthearted fun and rather uplifting every so often thinking of our two new pups while going through the more mundane everyday life moments of leisure.if i may

12. Hilly

Hilly Active Member

Sep 17, 2011
    my avatar is of me at cascais in portugal. it is the most western point in europe.

13. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    oh. thanks for letting us know that very cool fact

14. epidemicepic

epidemicepic Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Wow... i've been away on a surf trip the last week and just got on here to check the local forecast. Happened to go through the threads and was greeted with some pretty entertaining drama !!

Keep up the good work all

15. Hilly

Hilly Active Member

Sep 17, 2011
    beach break asked what it was. i answered. thanks for letting me know that my post was cool enough.

16. Epic

Epic Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    dude, hilly what happend to the old college mugshot?

17. joenottoast

joenottoast Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    i work with a large amount of women. you know what they like to do? they like to grab on to a topic, usually some scandalous current event, and they talk about it until i want to kill myself. you ladies need to let it go. id rather read topic after topic about whether it will be good tomorrow, or whether to vote republican or democrat, whether there is or is not a god.. all topics that have been beaten to death a thousand times... than to read one more opinion on gruvi or hilly's identity

18. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010

19. gruvi

gruvi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    My avatar is a psi symbol. It is going to be ablazoned onto my custom stick too! Pretty sick, hey? :)

20. gruvi

gruvi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    If you want me to allay your confusion regarding how Hilly and I sort of <POOF!> appeared suddenly, it's quite simple and I am sure Hilly doesn't mind me telling.
    When I did my intro post initially, I got hammered quite a bit right? Well when I opened my first PM I got it was from Hilly. He wrote he felt for me taking it on the chin so to speak and he told me his bio and how he's been a newer surfer and lurker but didn't post; and seeing what I endured, he used what he saw happen with me as the reason he was hesitant to share. He was not comfortable being labeled a "surf ninja or bro down" etc like I was getting pegged as.He send me a friend request and told me if there were ever a chance he and I could meet up, he would be glad to go surfing. That is how I got introduced to Hilly. Then he felt comfortable afterward to post a little. That is basically it in a nutshell. Pure coincidence that may have painted a different allusion for you BB. Nothing more and nothing less and I have been truthful from my first post and will remain being true. If you and others choose to need to label me as otherwise, that is your choice. I'm okay with it. In the end I go to bed with my wife at night's end and wake up thankful the next day if I am given a chance to surf (or work, ugh!) It is what it is brother. :)