Any Good Surf Cruises?

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by Kyle, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Hey guys, so my girlfriend wants to take a cruise this summer, and I just wanted to spend a week in CR. So to try and compromise, I was wondering if any of you guys know of any good cruises that are good for surfing too? Perhaps, stops at good breaks, it would be in the Carribean, I'm in South FL. Looking for something that's good for an intermediate surfer and a girlfriend...any help would be much appreciated guys. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  2. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Take a reputable eco cruise. Otherwise you will just be paying someone to dump sewage and trash into the ocean

3. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Well I will keep that in mind; however, looking for something a little more specific....

4. Chris Joyner

Chris Joyner Moderator

May 23, 2006
    Get on a boat to the Galapagos...

5. Gfootr

Gfootr Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Unless you talking a dreamboat in Fuji... I think Royal Caribbean goes to Barbados... either way get the ship with the FlowRider, you can surf all day long!

6. chad05gt

chad05gt Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    Fuji...????

7. SCislander

SCislander Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Whats up with all the stupid answers given to Kyle? I feel sorry for this guy. He asks help finding a cruise to the Caribbean that has good surf stops and all he gets is smart a** answers like not dumping garbage, 'a link to a hot pepper site', and Fuji ???????? WTH? Come on guys! Usually surfers are more helpful and nice. Of course there is really no answer for his question. There are not enough surfers booking a ship for them to dedicate it to that purpose that I know of. So, Kyle the best thing is to find a ship with an itinerary which stops in good surf places and stays for the day in each one. Good Luck!

8. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Apologies to Kyle. He was a victim of circumstance and timing.

Around the same time a kid was all gung ho trying to plan a bunch of surfing expeditions from a few of the cruise ship stops he was going to be at on a cruise with his parents. He was given good advice that didn't support his wants and wishes so he didn't want to hear any of it. Then a few days later Kyle asked a similar question and those that might have been able to help were frustrated that everything they told the kid went in one ear and out the other.

I'd love to hear how his cruise turned out. Not Kyle, the other guy.

9. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    You bumped a year old thread to complain? BTW, the trash comment is legit, since many cruise lines do dump into the ocean once off shore. It is not illegal, so they don't care. As for the hot sauce link, that wasn't a post in response to the OP. That is Chris' forum signature, and is at the bottom of all his posts. I thought this thread was rather tame for this forum.

10. goosemagoo

May 20, 2011
    Oops, my bad too. I was referring to a cruise post from this past dec. or jan. I didn't look at the year.

11. goosemagoo

May 20, 2011
    Reminder to self: Must use brain before fingers. PEBKAC

12. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
  13. David

David Well-Known Member

May 24, 2006
    I think finding a cruise and a surf trip you'll both be dissapointed. You won't surf nearly as much as you want, and if you do find a cruise where you can surf all day, then she will not be happy as the amenities she is probably looking for in a cruise won't be there. Any major cruise you will be on land for such a short amount of time, you won't get much surfing in. Take her on a surf trip, if she passes the test, she's a keeper, if not, then you'll be happy that you got a surf trip instead of wasting your time on a cruise.