The wrong board...

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by MFitz73, Apr 1, 2012.

1. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    dont you just hate when you take the wrong board? lol. decent waves today out on LI.. but I could have used one of my bigger boards...
    oh well next time.

2. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Yea... I try to bring at least two unless I know exactly what to expect. Sometimes I'll bring two just to mix it up.

3. MFitz73

Aug 21, 2010
    Yeah you're right about having the options at the ready... I could have walked home and gotten the right board, as I live on the beach... but the whole processs would have been a good 15 to 20minutes...

4. Stayabovetheweather

Stayabovetheweather Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
  5. MFitz73

Aug 21, 2010
    don't worry... with enough practice time you'll get better if you have any athletic ability at all. lol.

6. Stayabovetheweather

Stayabovetheweather Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    hmmmmmm ok

7. MFitz73

Aug 21, 2010
    Ok then!!!!!

8. TylerSurf4life15

TylerSurf4life15 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2012
    I have never picked the wrong board ever, But I always check the cams & the reports before I decide which board to grab :).

9. RMAC9

RMAC9 Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Are you god sir?

10. TylerSurf4life15

TylerSurf4life15 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2012
    No? I just look at the surfreport.

11. banxsurfer

banxsurfer Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Always pack a fish and a HP longboard...I live on the Outer banks and this has always served me well. I am not a longboarder....but man i feel like it sometimes. The boards just keep ya in the water more often...and if ya aint in the water ya aint surfing.....pure and simple

12. wesman944

wesman944 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Then you must own one board?

13. OldSoul

OldSoul Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Took out my newly acquired fish (5'8") today.... sucked on it so bad but I want expand my horizons...wish i brought the longboard... Think Im going to bring both with me from now on...was nice watching the sunrise at least lol...

14. kielsun

kielsun Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I've said it here before and I'll say it again: Literally every single person on this forum is an amateur surfer.

15. jchafard

jchafard Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    How long have you been surfing?? Hell I'm only 23 and remember when I had no surf report.

16. MFitz73

Aug 21, 2010
    Hmmm perhaps I should clarify what my situation was... I took out my fish but I was surrounded by longboarders who were having an easier go at it then I was. My 9foot longboard would have come in handy...

17. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    sounds more like you surfed the wrong spot than had the wrong board.

18. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    edited because my comment was OBE.

19. MFitz73

Aug 21, 2010
    well the spot is just a few doors away from my home... so I surf there. But its hit or miss on the crowd. the fish was fine for the waves but I wasnt able to get in as early as the loggers..

20. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    The best thing I ever did for my surfing was making sure i had a board for every condition, so that way i can't go wrong. I have a WRV Fish for the bigger days, McTavish HP LB which has been good for almost any conditions, and then the SUP (my newest addiction) for the small / medium swells