Your rituals, good/bad habits

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by super fish, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Bronze Whaler

Bronze Whaler Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    It's better than that filthy thread about releasing the brown trout out in the lineup- my buddy & I were in Nosara and drove down to Carmenal- we got there, it was solid & we both had to dig holes and sit on a big driftwood log. Wiping, really more scraping, your crack clean with a stick you found on the beach is quite an experience.

2. Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool

Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Crapping in the Ocean = not cool. It's like giving Mother Ocean a Dirty Sanchez....

3. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Weren't ready for all of the beans and rice?

4. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    haha this thread is slowly going to ****... wait what?

5. SouthJerseyShred

SouthJerseyShred Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I like to start off with a cup of coffee, PB&J, and a banana. Go do a spot check at a few of my favorite jetties. If its looking good I get overly stoked and then have to take a dump. This happen to anyone else? After that I suit up and pick my weapon of choice. then its time to hit the water.

6. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    grab coffee, some fruit and a breakfast sandwich and a gallon of water and 5 hour energy
    jam out to some heavy hard-hitting, fast, pumping, deafening music
    take the Browns to the Superbowl
    park, check the waves, suit up, wax up, put on some waterman's 50+ spf, chug 5 hr. energy, pack a lipper
    get pitted, so pitted!

7. Bronze Whaler

Bronze Whaler Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    hell I could eat desayuno tipico for the rest of my life!

8. rgnsup

rgnsup Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Yup, I hate that feeling of excitement and then having to take a crap knowing I'm about to hop in.

9. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Rituals: rubbing wax on the bottom of my feet, especially for post work sessions.

saying a little "thanks" to the big guy prior to entering the water ;)

10. Henny

Henny Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Yep ...Not stretching or stretching too little. That one seems common .

Forgetting ****... Not like a towel,fin key or wax ... I mean heading out with everything BUT a board , or wetsuit .
    Staying out too long, no sunscreen ...

On the + side I never snake anyone and am sure to remind myself no matter how bad the conditions, at least I'm not at work.

11. yourdirtymomma

yourdirtymomma Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    I stretch on the beach before each session.....but I don't consider that a ritual.....my ritual is to paddle out past the break and wave to the open ocean while saying "Hi Africa, it's me Dirty Momma!" (sometimes to the embarrassment of my companions)

When I first started surf a year ago-ish, a surfer told me "This wave came all the way from Africa, just for you." Now I know that not really how it works, but it works for me :) That thought always stokes me.

12. asharkinslacks

asharkinslacks Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Get a little somethin in my belly, take a look at the spot make sure all is well, usually will give a solid "thanks bro" to Lucifer, my main man downstairs, shred for a little, holler at some b1tch3z, get home, crush all edibles in the house, masturbate.. twice, play a sick riff, fall asleep.

13. CleanandGreen

CleanandGreen Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Take a giant mook first thing..then coffee. Then another mook. Some bacon.butterd toast.maple syrup.banana.OJ...Another Mook. More coffee. Stretch it out and paddle out:cool:

14. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    a giant mook? did i miss something? Damook?

15. REDDZ

REDDZ Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Music playing while changing or parking always puts me in the right.

16. backside hack

backside hack Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2012
    No time for stretching when its firing, too amped. Besides stretching cold muscles is dumb and over rated.

17. ColdCurl

ColdCurl New Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Every swell day starts with massive ice coffee, food and dump. I triple check my suit booties gloves and leash. I have driven too far and realized that I forgot something.
    Bad- Blazing too much if the surf is good, I'd rather be on point when is ripping. Also the grass is always greener mentality. You know "this beach break is sweet right now, but I wonder what that other spot is doing now??". Just gotta pull the trigger in regards to staying or going.

18. idsmashh

idsmashh Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    ^^^This is my exact list... down to the letter

19. idsmashh

idsmashh Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    hahahahaahaha

20. pyroarchy

pyroarchy Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    Tend to defecate in my board shorts before going in water (keeps everyone away from me).