The ocean is CLOSED

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by ragdolling, Jul 1, 2012.

1. NorthSeawallWill

NorthSeawallWill Active Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Yo I'm not sure whether they'd arrest you for that or if you just get a ticket. Even if they arrest for that, they will let you go after processing. You won't have to post bail or anything.......I think. Unless you piss them off and they trump up the charges.

Hey man, I joke about North Jersey....I think I am the only one keeping the North-South rivalry alive and well......Anyways don't take the North Jersey cracks to heart. I just can't help myself.

Hey, let us know anything we can do to help out. WAKE UP APATHETIC PEOPLE.......JUST BECAUSE THIS IS HAPPENING IN LONG BRANCH DOESN'T MEAN IT CAN'T HAPPEN IN OCEAN CITY SOME DAY.............Don't fall victim to the, "Oh it's not happening to me thing."

Lets see how many Jersey people on this site actually help out. Probably not too many.........

Anyways let us know if we can do anything.......I'll write some letters........

2. purpleheadedyogurtslinger

purpleheadedyogurtslinger Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    insert generic insult etc etc etc.

All that I will add is that I think it is hilarious that you have assumed that I am a 15 year old punk yet you have just called me out. Old creepy dude that fights teens. Classy.

I'm 31 years old, 6 ft 3 tall and weigh just over 215. I have called combat a career for almost a decade so that assholes like you can enjoy their "freedom". So go on, tell me more about what we would do when you drove down here...

Ok, shift is over, time to go hang out with my family and enjoy my life.

3. WesB

WesB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    PHYS and SWW...come on y'all...chill it out on the back and forth.
    PHYS...thanks man for your service...I did 21 years and then called it a day.
    SWW...you really aint top of the food chain so take a pill. I also laughed (out loud even) when i read the original post by PHYS. Hope everyone has a safe 4th.

I gotta agree the "Closing" is most definitely ignorance that needs to be addressed up front. If its a public beach then the word public should be the deciding factor with or without a lifeguard. I think there is a limit to the authority that they are attempting to execute but it needs to be reviewed...if nobody brings it up, they will continue to push hoping nobody will.

It's a shame whenever anyone drowns while out having fun and I hate to hear about that. Prayers to those families left behind. We have lost only one person here so far and it would be great if that were the only one. local surfrider foundation groups might help to organize a paddle out for those lost to help alleviate some of the tension and ease the control...plus it will actually help everyone to "feel" and "share" in the loss whether or not you know the person. just a thought.

Peace all.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  4. hinmo24t

hinmo24t Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Dang, I just saw on the local news today a Jamaican kid who moved to the U.S. a year ago who couldn't swim jumped in the water while his friends were swimming, sank, and drowned... unfortunate but I don't understand why he would bring himself to jumping into overhead water without being able to swim. It's probably stunts like this that result in stupid regulations like not being able to swim after certain times... which sucks for those who are completely aware of their abilities prior to choosing to go in.

5. Jason

Jason Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    haha summer people

6. LOSTsoul

LOSTsoul Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2009
    If you walk out in front of a train and die. You're dumb.

IF you walk into traffic on the parkway and die. You're dumb.

If you walk into the ocean and cant swim and die. You're dumb.

It's all so simple. Natural selection. Imagine not being able to swim yet still entering into the water. It's a death wish. Plain and simple. Having a sense of fear and caution is part of being civilized. Part of evolution. A sense of fear is a sign of intelligence in children.

7. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Yesterday I was at the beach and there was a large group of city kids out on the sandbar and you could tell by their reactions to the knee high waves that they had no clue about the ocean. They were having the time of their life, screaming and laughing etc. It was great to see people so excited by the whole thing but I couldn't help but think that if the tide came in, if one of them panicked in the trough and was lost in the group there would be one more dead person on the list.

8. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  9. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I heard they closed the ocean in Long beach, NY this weekend after hours for swimmers. surfing were still allowed though

10. LOSTsoul

LOSTsoul Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2009
    a boy drowned in a swimming pool yesterday.

At this moment retard legislators are crafting a new bill to ban the construction and use of swimming pools.

11. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    While we're at it, can we get single ply toilet paper banned too? Not my idea of playing stink finger

12. purpleheadedyogurtslinger

purpleheadedyogurtslinger Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I can tell you are just looking for a rise so I'm going to have to let you down. Sorry. I may not agree with the politics involved but I will say that the idea that we were only over there killing brown people is totally fabricated by the liberal media. In 3 tours I did a lot more re-building, training and teaching of the locals, and protecting the innocent than I did shooting at the insurgencies that these people live in such fear of.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  13. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Shut the F&CK up troll.

14. live aloha

live aloha Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Well said. Those of us who wear the uniform do take an oath to protect the freedom of 54321smom to run around and say whatever he wants...and that's fine. However, I also have the right to call him a douche bag. ;)

Additionally, though I will not post to this thread again, I think something needs to be said about the freedoms that have been lost at home. Those changes have NOTHING to do with the military and everything to do with the ideologues in government right now.

I serve IN SPITE of the "Corporatocracy", not because of it, and I am not alone in that position. If you want to equate military people with the extremists in our government, then you will certainly find evidence to support, but you will also alienate people who would otherwise share some common ground. Just food for thought. In the meantime, BEAT IT KOOK. :p

15. Stranded in Smithfield

Stranded in Smithfield Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Nonsense! Come off your high horse sir (or lady)! What about our freedom to post on this forum! Besides the world has operated this way since the beginning of time. Your pathetic attempts to change human nature will fail. One day when the next superpower defeats our country you and your hippy friends will be the ones getting crushed by tanks at rights rallies, tortured in jail, or killed by gun toting mobs in search of food while you hold up a peace sign and say "can't we all just get along". No YOU lie to YOURself.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  16. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    don't let the door hit you an the way out stupid b!tch

17. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    what does this have to do about lifeguards closing the ocean? lets stay on topic.

Question: why should surfers care if lifeguards close the ocean afterhours for swimming but not surfing?
    Answer: Because surfers could be be next.

time to get organized. contact your local surfrider chapter. have them contact nearby chapters for support. find any other nearby organization that has to do with any other water related activities and get their support. sign petitions, write handwritten letters to elected officials and fight for your rights.

and contribute to surfrider. They are our voice

18. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    i would add. get laws passed that absolve towns from lawsuits if people drown after the guards are done. that's the root of the issue.

but i still wont give surfrider a dime.

19. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    that makes sense. it is about liability.

im not trying to make you contribute. but a real citizens campaign group can work. it hits elected officials where it hurts.... the voting booth

20. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    its a personal thing with Surfrider, little too much enviro and not enough surfing, but thats my opinion.