Bermuda high swell

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Swellinfo, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    It looks like we are finally going to see the Bermuda High kick into place Friday and Saturday. This is going to setup some E/SE fetch towards the southern half of the east coast Sunday and Monday. Small to fun sized medium period swells. Of course OBX will get the best of it, as they always do.

At times, the Bermuda high can stay in places for long periods of time, and that is when we get those small, but consistent stretches of summer time surf. I certainly wouldn't mind if that would happen.

2. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    +1,000,000 on this SI. Fingers crossed!

3. natkitchen

natkitchen Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Be nice if it helped the Gulf out.

4. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Ya, sorry... I guess I'm a little self centered in my forum posts...

5. purpleheadedyogurtslinger

purpleheadedyogurtslinger Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    whew good thing I didn't break all of my boards earlier in the week on that 3 ft day. I still have this wavejet and some stand-up's and I'm coming to OBX to straight up terrorize only the most popular spots! Way too sharky and scary to surf alone. Anyways how else can I get like 100 pictures by M^2 and be all over the cover of ESM gnarling a 40 footer and chugging a bottle of listerine! I might even fight someone over it! WHEEEWWW!!!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  6. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    that would top off the warm water!!!!

7. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Dude, I'll bring my jet ski and I'll tow you in on the Wavejet! Garret McNamara aint got nothing on the NC XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL Crew! Make Mark Healey look like a little girl.

8. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    In all seriousness, it seems like every other system that has lumbered through this spring and summer has stalled out in the ocean for a decent amount of time. Maybe this will hang around for about a week. I need it, I need to be a better person.

9. purpleheadedyogurtslinger

purpleheadedyogurtslinger Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    yeah, in all seriousness, I can't wait for a few days of good clean summer surf. To top it off, it won't be 100F out either. I'm stoked.

10. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Ya, its going to be a minor swell event... But its JULY! So, we take what we can get...
    I'm just happy to see that Bermuda High slide into place for a couple days.

11. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Looks like a fun week at NSB / Ponce Inlet, this is coming from the same system? I can't wait to get in the water, now to decide what equipment i want to use, probably bring em all, F IT!

12. natkitchen

natkitchen Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    It's all good swell info, I appreciate what I got the last couple of days. I knew about it cause of you.

13. Feesh

Feesh Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2008
    I thought when a Bermuda high is in place we get real nice weather along with a flat ocean? I guess I was wrong.

14. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    expectations for the monmouth county region?

15. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    The Bermuda High owes you nothing!

16. cresto4

cresto4 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    and the gulf of alaska?

17. idsmashh

idsmashh Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    And I'm going on vacation to LBI for a week come Saturday.. In a beach house 3 houses from a decent Jetty.. Lifes good :)

18. Bronze Whaler

Bronze Whaler Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    In Soviet Russia Bermuda high surfs you

19. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I hear you man. I spent about 8 years on that lovely body of water before I moved back to the east coast. It can get unbearably flat on the GC.

20. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I am bringing my hydrofoil with my jet ski so I can tow in to those monsters.