Quiver Thread...Post 'em up!

Discussion in 'Surfboards and Surfboard Design' started by live4truth, Aug 10, 2012.

1. live4truth

live4truth Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2007
    LBCrew on another thread stated that he is at a point of having a minimalistic quiver. Just got to that same place myself with a quiver that I'm really comfortable with (sans the twin I still have to finish) and that covers most, if not all conditions.

In light of the points above, I searched for a thread showing quivers and didn't find much. Consequently, I thought it would be interesting to see some of your stuff...post 'em if you got 'em. Here are my rides: (from L-R) Wynn simmons, Hayden hypto krypto and shred sled, CI proton (its still for sale slackers), Wynn slayer/gravy, my 1st board--Heritage Hippy Trippy single...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. jml7140

jml7140 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Can't get enough of the quiver posts. I'm gonna post mine later.

3. brek

brek Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Here are my two main boards - a 6'3 Solid Cisco Kid and a 5'10 Solid Disfish. I'd like to add a shortboard groveler to the collection at some point, but that will have to wait until I sell off the boards I have but never use.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. ND081

ND081 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    i've been looking at the hypto krypto, how do you like it? i saw a video of craig anderson riding his in huge rifles and it looked absolutely awesome. his is like 5'4" though what are the dims on yours? and in what conditions do you ride it most?

5. super fish

super fish Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2008
    no pictures but..
    9'10 nolte performance noserider (for sale with pictures check 757 craigslist or classfieds on swellinfo)
    6'0 firewire fst sweet potato

Despite a lot of opinions on firewires, I have had no issues and really like it. I'm considering getting the spitfire

6. surfin_nigg

surfin_nigg Member

Jan 20, 2012
    yo live4truth nice boards man. yall got a ****load of em. I only got me one board that i had to steal...naw just messing i bought it is a 5'8" quad and its fun. keep surfing brotha

7. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    when i have a few free minutes, i'll drag 'em all out for a group shot. i've been meaning to do so anyhow.

8. Rick100

Rick100 Member

Aug 9, 2012
    My two main rides are a Becker 9'2" pro model and a 5'10" Jc quad d tail.

9. live4truth

live4truth Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2007
    ND-Hypto is a 5'6"x19 3/4"x2 5/8" (I believe). Super fun board and versatile. I think it could easily run head high plus with that tail. I use it in mushy knee to waist+ or when I'm feeling lazy--it has a ton of potential though...it rolls at the jetty as well. Simply a fun versatile board. I've tried a ton of fins in the board an have been really happy with the machados. Flex but a lot of spring....btw I'm 5'11" @ 170lbs and float fine on this board (can't remember but I believe it's around 28 liters). Probably could have dropped to the 5'4" but I'm not that ambitious).

SN-thanks man...

10. shaarkbate

shaarkbate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2011
    IMG_0200.jpg
    9'0" psh sup 6'6" roger beal pin, 6'1" mike andrews, 5'6" grocket and early sixties 9'8" greg knoll. these are my go to boards got a few others that i dont ride anymore

11. ND081

ND081 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    alright cool, now my next question would be which board do you use in bigger conditions?

12. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    [​IMG]
    top: Old finned Morey Boogie, 7'0" Neptune Funshape

Middle: 5'8" Xanadu, 5'8" Neptune Quad, 5'7" Neptune Mini Sim hybrid, 5'7" Neptune Mini Sim, 5'10" Chemistry disk, 6'2" Ashton battail, 6'2" Hague, 7'0" Ashton RP

Bottom: 9"0" Ashton HP log

The Neptunes I made

Probably a little excessive, but i do love them all!!!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  13. pkovo

pkovo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    I have others, but no shots of all the boards together, and I ride one of these two most of the time anyway.

Both Custom Coils. One on left 6'5" 1.3 cu ft. based of the flashback fish model with changes, and the one on right 5'11" 1.51 cu ft. based on the disc template with changes.

This has me covered from thigh high to a few feet overhead, which is 99% of the conditions I ride.

[​IMG]

14. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Nice quiver Mitchell .You got all the bases covered.

15. OCLocal1219

OCLocal1219 Member

Aug 6, 2012
    I have never taken any pics of my boards together, but I think I have a decent set up for the waves around OCMD......

GO small to tall....

I have a 5'9 Fish (Not sure of the make, possibly a custom board?) It's a wide, thick, floaty board and paddles like a longboard

I have a 5'10 Santa Cruz G Deck Epoxy.....I don't take this board out much, not big enough waves

I have a 6'4 Santa Cruz Pumpkin Seed Epoxy....bought this board just for fun, and turns out it is a awesome board

I have a 6'4 Custom Fish....shaped local in Rehoboth Beach, DE I do believe.....

My last board is a 8'10 Strive "The Mini". This board I love to take down to Assateague......

And of course I have a few sponges for the kids and myself when there's nothing else to do!

16. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Love the quiver shots, brothers... keep 'em coming!

17. MG

MG Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    6' Lynn Shell Fish & 5'10 CI Neckbeard, covers everything I surf, and on travel.

18. Death2SUPs

Death2SUPs Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Out of the water for the next two months with Exostosis (surfer's ear) surgery. Kids wear your ear plugs! im only 24 and have 98% closure. Not fun when you cant hear **** in either ear, and now have to sit on the beach during cane season. Back in the water in November. Check out Dr.Hetzler in Santa Cruz if anyones close to getting surgery.

anyway - current quiver.

left to right

6'3 JS Flyboy - perfect for the "big days" we get on the right coast.
    6'2 JS Konfusion - goes insane in anything from waist to overhead.
    6'0 Roberts Black Dump Truck - just got this off the swellinfo forum for $280. New spray and PAD. Can't wait to try this one. Thanks Gio!

Have some other old school retro boards and logs that didn't make the shot, but these are my go to shorties!

Quiver 8:12.jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  19. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Currently i'm riding my 6'10" WRV Fish on days over 3-4ft, then I have my 8'1" McTavish 8 Ball which rides perfect for anything knee - chest (sometimes larger), and 12ft SUP for smaller days mostly, but i'll take it out almost anything from flat - Chest (sometimes larger if i'm in the mood). I also have my 1st board ever sitting collecting dust, it's a 6'4" BAT, probably completely worthless at this point, lots of damage, but i've thought about having it looked at to see if there is any hope left for it or not. If not, i'll be grabbing a couple shorter boards in the next 6-12 months anyways. No pics, but maybe on my next purchase i'll get them all lined of for photo, i'm thinking of getting my 1st custom this fall / winter, can't wait!

20. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I'm scheduled for a consult with a surgeon in Wilmington Delaware in October. A few years ago i was scheduled to have the surgery and backed out scared. My ears are worse now...

This time i'm gonna do it in the coldest part of next winter.