October 5,2012 Friday on Assateague

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by gruvi, Oct 4, 2012.

1. gruvi

gruvi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Via Chincoteague and national park road, past Toms Cove visitor center, left side parking lots, who is around to join Gruvi for daytime surfing? PM or reply here if you are able to get out. I am not an early riser so looking for midday meet up. If no waves, it may be cool to just paddle out for exercise. Maybe after we can go to Wave house burger on Maddox for grub and laughs :)
    G

2. Stayabovetheweather

Stayabovetheweather Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    gruvi being extra gruvi as per usual ... post surf/paddle brodown...

3. gruvi

gruvi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Brodown is reference to homosexual advances for which I am innocent of. Nothing against gay peeps, but I love me some vag all the way, brah :)

4. ewwoodsurf

ewwoodsurf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Gruvi, does your symbol indicate that you are trying to psyche us all out?

5. gruvi

gruvi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Nah, when I'm here I just want to psych up the stoke. This place had tried once to rob me of mine, but it's all good... I understood most members here are good people. Only a small hand full are unable to share others happiness :)

6. gruvi

gruvi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    So is anyone free to go out tomorrow? I'm contemplating taking the Bing out for its virgin soak but it's such a nice board I almost wanna wall hang it and take out my mcanalbleed custom stick a member here affectionately named :) Hit me up if anyone's is down to share some stoke! :)

7. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    GRUVI!!! take out the BING - and let us know how it was... while we all sit here at work, wishing we was surfing!
    Hope you get some good ones! you still surf dirty jersey?

8. gruvi

gruvi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Hey walking, how are you? :) I hit belmar on occasion but prefer the island break a lot more. Different attitude here. I will be back next week for a few days and try again.:) Peace out

9. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    yo! its been good! waitin for those sweet fall swells! you gotta get out there too!!! maybe see ya in belmar!

10. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Gruvi, shouldn't you be surfing?

11. Laird's acting coach

Laird's acting coach Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Gruvi...what type of Bing do you have...I recently picked up one for myself and would be interested in finding out how and what you like about it...especially since we are both on the east coast. I went with the Swee Pea...it is treating me right but now I am looking at the mini simmons.

12. gruvi

gruvi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I got the levitator. I have yet to get it out but when I do, I will post about it I'm sure

13. RobG

RobG Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Dude, you should not surf the Bing and instead trade it for one of my boards. I have been drooling over the Levitator forever. Or if you give me the Bing I will give you free surf lessons for a year plus post session pizza at your fav 3 Brothers in Belmar!

14. gruvi

gruvi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    You can buy it too :) But listen, dudes on Chincoteague that know me know anytime they see me out with it, its theirs as well. I have no problem sharing the log if I know you, and I know you can surf and respect what you borrow :) life is too short to not share of oneself, especially sharing with others that may not have what we can have. Does that make sense? There was a time I wanted but never had, and wasn't fortunate. I still dont have much, but I remember where I came from, and if I can give stoke, Im gonna :)

15. RobG

RobG Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    You sound like a nice dude, Gruvi. A little strange but wtf we are all a little strange I guess. Sharing the stoke makes surfing more fun for everyone out there. Keep it up man and surf more!

16. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Wow, way to spread good vibes...that's pretty darn groovy dude.

17. NoSponges

NoSponges Well-Known Member

May 4, 2008
  18. Alvin

Alvin Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    We Chincos rock and have the best surf. HOpefully see you out there one of these times!! Keep up the stoke.

19. stoked20

stoked20 Member

Sep 21, 2012
    yeah man for livin up there in jersey u seem like a real gruvi cat, come surf obx sometime

20. whodini

whodini New Member

Oct 6, 2012
    how is the surfing up that way where is a good spot ?