Lance Armstrong and Doping

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by McLovin, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Longtimerider

Longtimerider Member

Aug 15, 2012
    LOL.....If EVERYONE" was doping,that made it a level playing field. No ? Therefore, he should keep his titles. Simple logic says he enjoyed no advantage, if as they claim, "EVERYONE" was chemically enhanced. But you can always give him another trophy, for using the best combinations of drugs. Anyway, who cares, might be glassy this afternoon...Later

2. OBlove

OBlove Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Way to change what you said, in what? ...11 minutes. Justify it however you want. Until you can prove what you said, your just a troll who repeats what "he said and she said." Read the reports. There black and white and written on an 8th grade reading level.

3. OBlove

OBlove Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2006
  4. skimdog

skimdog Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Wow intense posts you all. Let me cut through it all for you. First of all he is the best .Lance plus drugs beat all the other lesser talented guys plus drugs. Everyone of those guys in cycling was doping save for some unknown dudes in the back you never heard of. Second of all the guy has done super good and giving things for the less fortunate. And really guys who cares about doping anyway. If officials really cared about it they would prevent it. Our soldiers are dying every day and people are dying in our streets of hunger and illness and this doping thing is an issue ? Let me give you a heads up on another sport called bodybuilding. They have 2 different categories. Natural and the regular (drug) competition. A simple fix I think. Also any dope testing in Professional Surfing? I don't think so but let me know if I am wrong.I care so much about surfers smoking weed etc. It has to stop. A little crystal maybe and you could surf all day. Lets test surfers also if your upset about some bicycles.

5. jwj72

jwj72 Active Member

Apr 2, 2007
    I have to come clean. I use the juice when I post on here.

6. OBlove

OBlove Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Longtimerider and Skim dog, you must not have children because if you do, you are sending a very bad message. DOPING IS WRONG is there is no other way around it. Skimdog, whats your point in "If officials really cared about it they would prevent it." Well the USADA is an official and THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING ABOUT so the next generation of cyclists can hopefully have a chance at a clean sport. THE USADA, aka the officials, has a job to stop doping. They have nothing to do with politics, or our armed forces, or the poor and hungry. USADA has tearing down the walls of MANY dirty sports. Their funding is going towards what it is supposed to go after and in this case, the big fish (LA,) got fried. This unjust system as some might say is the same one that took down mobs and many drug rings. Little fish talk so that they can have less repercussians; and clear their throat. Taking down Lance shook the entire endurance sports world. Swimmers, track and field, 100's of olympic sports are all using EPO on this very day. Last week there were 107 new cases of people being convicted from Age-groupers to Elites to Oylmpians. How do we send a message to the next generation that doping is NOT COOL? Fry the big fish. I competed at very high levels of many sports and it's obvious that many athletes like me took both roads. One road is dirty and leads to stardom and eventually failure. The other, the one I chose lead me to some ok results and an education, a family and a very happy life. Lance aint happy right now. High school sports have doping and it's happening right now. High school athletes are being injected by their parents. That is insane. Lance getting fried is sending shock waves through everyone who was taking the "low road." It can turn entire communities into pot holes with one swin of the knife. Doping is wrong and there is no way to justify that it is ok. If you justify that it is ok, you are a sick mother f%*ker and you should be put in a straight jacket and left in a padded room to rot away. I admired Lance for a long, long, long time. He derserves way more punishment then being banned from sanctioned events. I hope livestrong can continue to grow and become a staple in all society.

7. pinkstink

pinkstink Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Amen brother! Cheating is cheating and the big fish deserves to fry!

8. dbslim

dbslim Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    So blame the system then. Just because I don't agree with you have to call me names? People like you are the problem with today's society, so quick to bad mouth somebody.I get it, hide behind the computer and make yourself feel good by assaulting others. Senior member with a juniors attitude..Look at yourself in the mirror pal!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  9. bushwood

bushwood Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Well you need to track down whoever you got that Juice from and get your money back, because your post are weak.....

You set em up, I will knock em down......
    This is a joke for any of you with no sense of humor and take some things in life completely out of your control way too seriously. Its great to have an opinion, but you will more than likely never persuade some stranger on a forum that your view point is correct. Save your time trying to persuade, use your time to practice what you believe is right....... go LIVESTRONG and JUST DO IT. Sorry once again had to take a shot, maybe someone will grin about it, which means I affected soemones life in a positive way today, who knew it could be that simple.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  10. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I like orange juice.

11. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010

Yeah but you're not making millions getting paid by Nike and you're not having relations with famous female singers.

12. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
  13. imperial

imperial Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Glad I don't see that in surfing....Slater is just that good and watching all the pros makes you appreciate what a human can actually do! Besides, doesn't matter how many drugs or steroids you take...mother nature will always kick your ass. Much respect to the watermen that take on Jaws, Mavericks, or Todos. The rest of the sports world should take a look at how pro surfers do it.

14. goosemagoo

goosemagoo Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    In other biking news:

Check out the winning run at the red bull rampage freeride race. You don't need no stinkin dope to win this race you need BALLS OF STEEL.

Kurt Sorges Winning Run

For the gopro lovers here's a riders view. Watch full screen.

At least water has some give when you hit it. But that whole breathing thing adds to the big wave risks. If you're out cold on a mountain the old noodle keeps your lungs going, not so at the bottom of the pacific.

[​IMG] the landing is in the bottom right of the pic

15. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Great point, I too read this article and thought it was pretty interesting. I'm not going to speculate on whether or not Slater has used PED's or any other surfer for that matter, but the guy is getting better with age it seems, and that's something you typically don't see, but then again, that could be why he's so great. I sure hope he's clean, but then again do I really care what they put in their body? I personally don't care much about the competition aspect of the sport, i'm more interested in seeing amazing waves and amazing surfers ride them, all the other stuff is just background noise to me.

16. OBlove

OBlove Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Travis Tyrgat, head of USADA, is headed right after a couple of the TOP US pro surfers. Lets just say this and his case, is not about cycling. He is going to surprise the entire surf community real soon. He is cleaning up all SPORTS. He aint done because he got, big or small, a fish. There are more fish to get. Like I said before, there are not many HERO's left in this world.

17. OBlove

OBlove Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2006
    bingo. its about to go down.

18. OBlove

OBlove Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Please quote me on a name that I called you again? And, I am not hiding behind anything. My name is Steven O'Boyle. I live in Bethany Beach Delaware. I don't stand for doping. When people try to justify doping as ok or leveling of the playing field, I am coming right at you and letting you know what I think. I work with elite athletes every single day and they see my posts hear and other places. They know what I stand for. I know what illegal drugs are in many over the counter weigh proteins and I will guide many athletes (courtesy of the Knowledge of elite surfers and triathletes Kenny Savage and Jack Powell) to eat food and not supplements. If you want, stop by the "heavy break" some time so you and I can get a better understanding of each other. I will teach you a lot about dope and how to pig dog a frothy one. When we are done, we will go get on some bikes, I have plenty, and I will show you how people who don't dope can still win races. Until then please realize that I don't hide behind anyone or anything and I will never EXCEPT DOPERS or justifying of “any of the such.”

19. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
  20. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    If you want results, then you have to levy stiff penalties. The fact that MLB has a list of at least 100 high profile baseball players who tested positive which has not (nor is intended to be) released is proof enough that they really dont care. Selig came out and said the Sosa / McGuire thing rescued the game. I'm calling BS on that. This year in the Bigs has been the year of the pitcher, and baseball is at its best again. You dont have average or below average ballplayers coming out of nowhere to hit 328 with 100 Rib-Eyes and 40 Yard shots after batting 210 over 5 years. Lifetime ban, take their stats off the books, and grin and bare the fact that you can't alter the historic scores or results, but ensure the fact that the dignity and fairness of the game, whatever game it is, is restored going forward.
    In Germany if you get caught drunk driving once they take your license away forever. FOREVER. They dont have too much drunk driving over there.