Puerto Rico Surf Trip

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by rw76, Oct 15, 2012.

1. rw76

rw76 Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Looking into going to Rincon Puerto Rico the first week in April and would like to do some surfing. Are there a varity of waves there. Ive only been surfing a year and a half so I dont need anything real crazy. Im taking the wife also so is there any all inclusive hotels in the area that anyone would recomend

2. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    the search bar is your friend. This topic has been beaten to death. Puerto Rico is my favorite place on earth... and I still don't have the energy to answer this again. Good luck.

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    But you're so good at it! (seriously, you've hooked up many of us with solid info) I'll be there on Sunday, can't wait!

4. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Congratulations old buddy. I'm happy for you and your wife. You may get some remnants from the storm while you're out there! YEWWW!!!!

5. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks Broseph! Sure do appreciate cha! Crossing my fingers on the surf, forecast looks like it'll be fun somewhere within driving distance, but hoping for some I can just walk to, i'll try and take as many pics as possible.

6. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    ok, fine, lets see...

Rent a car, drive to Rincon, stay at beside the pointe, casa verde, lazy parrot, etc. Drinks and food are cheap and rincon is a ridiculously safe / friendly town so all inclusive isn't necessary. Rent a board from bobby over at Mar Azul. Eat the street food. It's amazing. Umm fried plantains.... If you fly in / out of san juan spend a night there and enjoy the nightlife. Have fun and most importantly... watch out for da rocks!

7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I knew you could do it...

8. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    FYI- April is towards the end of the winter swell season. It's likely going to be smaller, or could be flat. If you are there for a week you should get something at least a couple days. Big variety of waves...sand beach breaks at Sandy Beach but it can be windy. Various reefs up north closer to the airport and around Rincon. Not many all-inclusives around Rincon or up north though that I know of. I would search online.

9. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Going there next month, but will be staying in San Juan. I'll rent a car and drive to the NW side and spend a full day there exploring.

10. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Like one local told me on my first trip to PR... "Neber touch dee reeef."

11. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Urchins. Why it have to be urchins. A pox on paradise. That and sea lice.

12. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
  13. StuckontheGulf

StuckontheGulf Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    See if Happy Burger reopened for me will ya, on the 413 mate

14. rodndtube

rodndtube Well-Known Member

May 21, 2006
    Sea urchins are surfers' best friends.

15. neptunehui

neptunehui Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    check out www.vrbo.com #214129 best deal on the island includes boards clean brand new perfect for your situation!