Surfing 365 days straight

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by kurebeachsurfer, Jan 16, 2013.

1. kurebeachsurfer

kurebeachsurfer Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Surf Community,
    I am currently in the middle of a surfing streak trying to get to 365 consecutive days surfing. I started out just trying to do 100 (Yes I know the Weber guy in CA has surfed over 13,000...) and then kept on going. After another few months of keeping up my streak I decided to go for 200... Now I am trying for one full year.. One thing that I am doing now is raising money for a GREAT charity. Ocean Cure. They help a variety of different people surf (Wounded Warriors, Autistic children, visially impaired kids, at risk kids, kids with diabetes..) Its a great cause. Anyway, check out my site and give me suggestions on how to raise more money for this great organization. Comments are welcome on the site!

www.bens365waves.wordpress.com

2. gtowntreyble

gtowntreyble Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2008
    having fun and helping people.. good combination

3. NJshredmachine

NJshredmachine Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Thats easy brah.. His waves shouldnt even count. Unless you are catching head high and above waves, you aint surfing.. And anyone can catch a wave everyday for a year!! Even my dog brah! Get up to NJ for some real waves!!

4. kurebeachsurfer

Jul 31, 2012
    We have waves in CB/KB. They can be fun. Stop hating:)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  5. NJshredmachine

Jan 17, 2013
    Stop hating?? What are you in a boy band now?.? Hahahaha ha

6. yourdirtymomma

yourdirtymomma Well-Known Member

May 2, 2012
    I just went to your page and I loved it. I want to volunteer for this organization!

A couple of fund raising ideas....themed FB page and link it to everything you do.....emails, all blog posts, so on and so forth. Ask for donations in lieu of gifts for birthday, holiday, so on and so forth. Car washes, board raffle (be careful to check your state laws on that one). Free surf lessons for the healthy, in exchange for a donation. Buy 50 bars of wax and "sell them" for donations on the beach during the next great swell.....same goes for bottles of water. That's just off the top of my head. If you'd like to talk more about it, feel free to PM me. I have many years of volunteer, fund raising, and disaster relief work under my belt.....I love to help!

7. SJerzSrfr

SJerzSrfr Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    kurebeachsurfer,
    the site looks great man. keep it up.

NJshredphag go eat a d!ck. you are a disgrace to this state

8. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    pretty cool!
    Once you hit 365, will you be able to stop?

9. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    kurebeachsurfer! Goodonyamate! I'll make sure to introduce myself if I run into you in the lineup--may actually see you tomorrow...

10. dlrouen

dlrouen Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    +1 I like the cause and the blog. Let me know if you ever bring your cause to the CB North End.

11. biff22

biff22 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    You're gonna score so many more good days than you weren't expecting where it looks terrible or the forecast is wretched but it ends up fun... the charity thing is nice too. This post makes me want to surf.

12. Dudicles

Dudicles Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Can I ask what your job is? Do you have a job? Just seems like you have so much free time for surfing. I'm not hating, just jealous about how much surfing you get to do.

Also, how long have you been surfing?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  13. kurebeachsurfer

Jul 31, 2012
    I'm a college professor so I have the time off to get out in the water. I've been surfing on and off for 10 years but since I got my job at the college I go quite a bit. Last year was the first year I got involved in the Ocean Cure charity and it was really special. Would help them in any way I can. Helping wounded warriors, autistic kids, and people with spinal cord injuries get out in the water and just have the biggest smiles on their faces while catching waves makes you feel like you are truly making a difference.

14. Dudicles

Dudicles Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2012
    That's awesome. If you want a suggestion: organize an end of year event to celebrate the 365. Try to get sponsors to come out, etc. Take donations. It would be on New year's eve of course which I think would make it cooler and people might be taking off work and be able to attend, school would be out and all that.

Next question, what was midnight surfing like?

15. marksharky

marksharky Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Hey Mr. Administration ever think about doing like or dislike buttons on these forums? Might be interesting :)

16. kurebeachsurfer

Jul 31, 2012
    Actually day 365 will be on cinco de mayo this year. I'm already on day 257. And midnight surfing during full moons is surreal. Would highly recommend. Next week I'm gonna try to get sponsors. Gonna try a few surf shops, my gym, school, etc... Hopefully they'll put up at least $20 bucks. Trying to get to $500 by may 5th!

17. primo

primo Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Brah!

Ok Brah! Who are you Bodie? Jersey may have the juice but its a dump! Why don't you try helping with the clean up cause Sandy hasn't fixed your attitude! Stop hating and move out of your moms basement douche bag!

18. yourdirtymomma

May 2, 2012
    $500?! Your goal is WAY to low. I really respect what you are doing and am just trying to point out that you can do way better than that. I'd think $5000 to be more like it. I have raised $500 in hour before.....the non-profit I start in NJ last NOV took in $17,000 in the first month. I really like Dudicles idea about the end of the 365 surfing. Make flyers and post them at your surf shop, school, gym........make it a $5 or $10 donation to attended, get a local mom and pop to reduce rate food, get a bar to sell drinks for donations.

Do you have a donation link? Where do we go to give? I can really help you here. I'm pretty sure me and a few friends can come up with a few hundred by May for sure.

19. NJshredmachine

Jan 17, 2013
    Ok it may be a good cuse but its too easy anybody can surf 365days in a row I've surfed everyday for past 5 years and I surf real waves not North Carolina ones that aren't screaming down faces (see avatar) yelling bring me some more!, by the way I had to edit this post to include his total donations at this time zEro dollars hahahaha

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  20. yourdirtymomma

May 2, 2012
    I believe you have surfed everyday for the last 5 years......and be this nasty......you do mean surfing the web right?!