Lamest Surf Product

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by aka pumpmaster, Jan 24, 2013.

1. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Wow, you weren't kidding...that bright orange wetsuit he's wearing should probly go on the list too.

2. surfer1234

surfer1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Going back to go pro, watch the wilde life crew/ backwoods crew's footage, the cut a hole in the traction bad and put the go pro in there. Great for tube shots.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013

3. surfer1234

surfer1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Going back to go pro, watch the wilde life crew/ backwoods crew's footage, the cut a hole in the traction bad and put the go pro in there. Great for tube shots. http://vimeo.com/41117903

4. Tuono

Tuono Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    I did think of webbed gloves...but passed on it, I usually surf in the cold with minimal gloves and hate the mittens.
    Kneeboards are definitely cool but not for me.
    GoPro was cool for the first week and first set of cool videos. I am tired of watching people in barrels on that ****. It's almost like ruining the magic for me. A nice photo is awesome, 10min of it just sucks. Every swinging **** has one. There are prolly 500 surfers getting barreled somewhere in Indo with one right now.
    Enough already.

Attached Files:

5. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Amen. Although I will say that the Raven shots from Sandy deep inside a filthy, semi truck sized tube gave me the chills. Go Pros should be for... Pros. And also, loading the cam looking backwards is utter narcissism & terrible footage for anyone watching other than your mom.

6. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Hahaha, sorry dude

7. Kahuna Kai

Dec 13, 2010
    Costco softtop surf boards make me wanna puke in my hands and rub it in my hair

8. Kahuna Kai

Dec 13, 2010
    White wetsuits, just put a rainbow sticker on your miata while you're at it

9. Kahuna Kai

Dec 13, 2010
    Paddle air inflatable rash guards

10. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    People who post on forums using self-styled 'look at me I'm a core surfer dude' monikers.

11. Kahuna Kai

Dec 13, 2010
    What does that even mean Yankmee? Are you a "core surfer?" I work on my core when I'm not surfing.

12. NeilSurf

NeilSurf Active Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Couple days ago a guy paddled out with a bright yellow helmet that a weird black visor over his eyes...He was a major kook too, kid about 10 was learning and dropped in on him he flipped out and was screaming at him

13. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Hell, for that matter: Julian(a) Wilson and Kolohe (Chloey) Andino style wetsuits. White on the right half of your body and creamcicle doo doo orange on the left.

14. ragdolling

ragdolling Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Gotta dispute this, at least in this instance. A buddy of mine was living in a shoebox apt. in Manhattan and wanted a longboard to learn on and bought a pope bisect. Could never have fit a longboard in his apt. but the thing got him in the water and he successfully learned and now has a proper quiver. Pretty situation-specific, but I think for a lot of these things (maybe even the frog gloves) there might be times when we can't use the blanket kook label.

15. viajerodevida

viajerodevida Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Yeah, two-tone wetsuits lack style.

Matt-Wilkinson.jpg

Uh huh, those are nipples.

16. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    i think it's hysterical how clean-cut & just-like-everyone-else matt wilkinson used to be...look at footage from the 2007 search contest in chile. short hair, no bizarre one-off wetsuits.

17. BeachCruiser01

BeachCruiser01 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2007

Homophobia is lame. Seriously. Its the 21st Century, its time to evolve.

Also lame: Boards made in China. The skull n crossbones era of surf clothes in the late 90's and the hardcore overly serious attitude that followed. How seriously should you be taken if your sport involves wearing booties?

18. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Well, it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular it just happened to end up posted after one of your posts.
    As for your question, I'd say your defensive reaction & name-calling are self-explanatory.

As for your core....TMI, sparky....you may want to look up the NJShredMachine & have a bench-off.

19. PhiloSurfer

PhiloSurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    HUH? I don't get it...

I don't see any mention of homosexuality in the original post. It sounds to me like you're the one stereotyping! Just saying... :p

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  20. LegendJim

LegendJim Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    And finally the worst product ever produced by any and all surf companies ever...... Crowds.