what would you give up a day of surfing for?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by aka pumpmaster, Mar 20, 2013.

1. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    sex obviously.

in the winter:

[​IMG]

2. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Meh, I hate snow. Sex is obvious.

I would give up a day of surfing for a day with my other lady:
    [​IMG]

On this:
    [​IMG]

3. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    Oh man, I would love to get my C30 on that!!

4. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011

You work for BMW? Isn't that their test track in SC?

Anyway, I'm not forum-techy enough to embed things... Let's just say the Wahoo, Yellowfin and Blackfin are running hard for this early in the year. Hell, I'd almost give one of my stones to be on a 50' sport fish, in the fighting chair playing tug-of-war with a 70+ lb Wahoo with a plate of almost-alive Yellowfin sushi nuggets on the bridge to keep the energy up!

5. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    I gave up my family in 76. My dad was an Army officer. we moved here from Colorado. He got stationed in the desert of Utah. I said I was staying because the waves suck in Skull Valley.

6. Tuono

Tuono Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Man, you get the prize! Good call- you can always visit, after all.
    I was expecting bunch of skydiving, extreme sports bs boasting on this thread but your reply had me laughing.
    Good one.

7. ziptiespec

ziptiespec Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    That's VIR: Virginia International Raceway - and I agree with brewengineer. A day at the track would definitely be a good day to spend on dry land.

8. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Shoot I thought that was summit point for a second, looking at the straight down to that hairpin. Fishing and Racing are definitely two things you can't go wrong with.

9. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I would give up a day of surfing to go pick up my multi million dollar lottery winnings.

10. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    As ziptiespec said, it is VIR. One of the best tracks in the east. My STI never gets a good workout on the public roads, so the track is needed.

11. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    If it's all time? Christmas morning, or anything important to my kids (my wife understands, my kids don't). Other than that, that's about it, really. If it's just an average day, responsibilities come first. I can't even think about fishing if it's going off.

12. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    i have (and really was kicking myself for it but i did make dean's list because if it) and would miss it for an exam at school. im in my junior year of college here at virginia wesleyan here in VB and ive had to do this multiple times but in the end, i hope, it will be worth it. getting a bachelor of science in earth and environmental science hopefully will keep me near the ocean so i can surf and scrape by on a paycheck.

13. superbust

Nov 2, 2008
    I'm getting the same degree as you but at UNCW. Mine is a B.S. in Physical Environmental Science, math/physics ****in sucks!!!

14. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    I'm curious. what is the current job market for that degree?

15. superbust

Nov 2, 2008
    It is growing and shrinking at the same time. It seems Governmental EVS jobs are shrinking due to the budget, but private jobs are growing due to the incentives put forth in recent years to go green. Hopefully, within say 5-10 years, green jobs will increase dramatically. Nebraska has so many vacant jobs they're literally paying for housing just so you come work there. For now, I have family in Colorado, Cali, Delaware, Maine, and Florida, so I'm set to take off a few years and bounce around the room.

16. Erock

Erock Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Environmental consulting firms are the best way to go with that sort of degree IMO. You travel a lot but can live in a more ideal place. The big plus is all the frequent flyer miles you get on someone else's dime... which, of course, means free plane tickets for surf trips.

17. 252surfer

Dec 1, 2010
    yea exactly what superbust and erock said. hopefully i could be like a park ranger or something right out of school. i just cant be in a monkey suit (tie and shirt) everyday and be stuck behind a desk. Id rather get paid less to be by the ocean and working outside. Park ranger in hawaii, CA, or down in Hatteras would be nice :cool:

18. 252surfer

Dec 1, 2010
    If i ever get married, i want to get married to a woman exactly like your wife haha

19. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I'd give up a day of surfing for front row Pearl Jam at Wrigley this summer. I'd give up a summer of surfing to go back in time to see The Wailers in 75. Any show.

20. Kahuna Kai

Kahuna Kai Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    If an army of ninjas had my family at sword point and told me "surf your family gets it". I'd give up a day.