Shallow Spots

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by ocsurf32, Mar 24, 2013.

1. fins369

fins369 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    both mentioned already, but just to second it, low tide Playa Negra and low tide rivermouth at avellenas. avellenas has dry reef on the take-off, and negra has dry reef on the inside. either way, don't go left at either, and make sure you kick out at the end at negra, cause floaters and airs aren't fun when its a foot of water you're landing in over lava reef

2. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Calafia Mexico on a doh-toh day... The point break starts with exposed spear reefs, like natural rebar, shacks up for a few hundred yards then ends in a boneyard... You have to paddle about 1/2 mile back around the point to exit in the little cove where mushrooms is, which is another exposed spear reef take off. Horseshoe & Hospitals low tide... and an un-named reef point in mexico... still have a gash on the side of my forehead from that one... It was only a chest+ day too.

3. shredfactory

shredfactory Member

May 23, 2011
    lost a fin and ended up tied up with a sponge at kewalos then lighthouses way inside

4. Gumbya55

Gumbya55 Member

Sep 9, 2009
    We surfed Paunch in Bocas Del Torro in like 6-8 heavy barrels. My buddy got caught inside and ended up with this: http://youtu.be/eOCDp0fLBQc Take offs over pretty shallow reef.

5. bbop1322

bbop1322 Active Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Sand Key in Clearwater, FL yesterday during the bottom of low tide

6. Spongegnar

Spongegnar Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    South Delaware on monster swells

7. ocsurf32

ocsurf32 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Holy god. Spots like that intrigue the hell out of me. How do people surf there without dying. Even the best surfers have to make a mistake at least once. Thats one of the scariest looking waves i ever seen.

8. ocsurf32

ocsurf32 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    I also should of stated that i meant shallowest spots over reef or rock. Iv broken both arms, my wrist, and nose surfing heavy waves over sand in OCNJ. It makes me wonder how the hell people surf some of these waves.

9. RIsurfer

RIsurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2012
  10. iLL

iLL Member

Oct 1, 2012
    haha, I was out today and slammed my back into the sandbar. Shallow as hell there, but fun.

11. meatloaf

meatloaf Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    tranny reef outside chicago, so shallow it could strip the chrome off a trailer hitch

12. el pingu

el pingu New Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Manglito, P.R. Ask Valdo aka Batman, from Arroyo.